• Page 522 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 224224725125205215225235245325726221022 ... LastLast
    Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 12972
    Like Tree2542Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      7 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
      This changed not too long ago so you don't need to reapply for bridging visa a when you come back. Probably worth emailing them and getting it in an email to be safe though.
      If its change then can you please provide the link where is it in written format? It will be a help. Because every where (even I did a post lodgement enquiry about travel right) and I got its clearly written that BVA will cease when you depart Australia whether its in effect or not. One have to re-apply for BVA when return. Otherwise he/she will be unlawful when present substansive visa expire....

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
      I have called the office and been to office to confirm, you can travel without any worries as look as your substantive visa is valid and make sure you return to Australia before expiry of 475.
      May be the law has been changed. If you have talked to them and you are confident then No Worries :-). I haven't talked to any immi officers or been there
      I visited immi website and found nothing much about travelling with your substantive visa. But again following is interesting

Link- http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/020.aspx
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      If you still hold a substantive visa that allows you to travel and you believe you can return to Australia before your substantive visa ends, it is your decision whether or not you want to apply for and be granted a BVB before you travel.
      If you decide not to get a BVB but use your substantive visa to travel, you will need to contact your case officer as soon as you return to Australia and before your substantive visa ends.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Thanks friend Mal 123 for confirming as I also thought same what u wrote but words can be confusing sometimes and we need to go for a fmly wedding so cant postpone or cancel though we had thought initially to visit only after visa grant but...

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Mal123 View Post
      Following are the documents that I submitted. You do not need IELTS. I am sure about that. CO should have asked if needed when he contacted me last week. Also I know my friend got 887 PR without submitting IELTS

1. Scanned colour copies of the biographical pages of the current passports - Both me and my wife (Certified by JP)
      2. Australian Drivers Licence - Each (Certified by JP)
      3. Recent, scanned passport-sized photograph (45 mm x 35 mm)-Each (head and shoulders against a plain background and be labelled with the applicant's name)
      4. Wife's evidence of the name change (Certified by JP)
      5. Scanned colour copy of birth registration for both (Including english translation) (Certified by JP)
      6. Scanned colour copy of marriage certificate (Including english translation) (Certified by JP)
      7. AFP checks for both
      8. Wife's Degree Certificate (Certified by JP)
      9. Evidence of living -Rent Agreement/Rent Receipts/Synergy Bill/iiNet Bills/Bank Statements/Tax documents
      10.Evidence of working - Employee Reference Letter/Payslips/Payment summaries/Superannuation Statement

Form 80 and 1221 are not in the list but be prepared if CO asks as in my case (I prepared those forms till 3AM in the morning)
      Thanks Mal 123 again for replying with all your documents list but I have not done any document certified yet and have uploaded few of them till Friday night as since yesterday the immi login website shows error.Yes we have filled both forms for both of us and I did till 5am!!..good to know I was not only the one but I feel I should have joined this group earlier to know about the documents that it can be uploaded later as I got really stressed last week to finish everything ...

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
      as per my understanding You dont need to get a bridging visa to travel overseas if your current 475 is still valid. I'm in same boat, got 8-9 months left on 475 and travelling overseas in coming weeks. I called Immi twice to find out what steps I need to take If I'm travelling overseas they answered that Nothing need to be done. Plus you don't have to apply for new bridging visa a once you back. the one issued at time of applying 887 will stay valid if it has not been come in affect on the time of return to Australia.
      Thanks vick for your reply

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Since i have uploaded few documents already that are not JP signed,will it be a problem?I tried to look to cancel uploads but I couldnt find anything...So can i upload same documents again by JP signed...wont that double up ???as it says on website that the limit of file should be 5 Mb...has anyone uploaded without JP certified and not been aske dto upload again? has anyone uploaded passport as birth certificate as in my country birth certificates are taken during schooling and never returned back!!!we have high school certificates which has DOB but we dont have colour copies as no originals with us and B/W copies are attested from overseas.....can anyone with similar situation reply about it?

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
      For 887, main applicant does not need to submit IELTS but English requirement (Functional English) usually IELTS is required for secondary applicant................

You can check about document checklist in immi website. http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/887.aspx

Thanks
      Hi dreamer,
      Thanks for reply but it says'evidence of english language' for both but haven't really heard from any friends those who were granted early this year or anyone for 887 but can't say.I will just have to wait and watch till CO alloted or if they ask for.Maybe that's a common msg for all types of visa???

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hi ,

still waiting for for decision from the immigration

applied 3 rd July
      co allocated 9 th October
      documents submitted 14th October ( child s medical and form 80 & 1221 )
      when checking online all the documents showing met from required status ...

Please if you have any suggestion how long does it take to grant the visa ?

We are planning to travel overseas so can't make the decision until grant letter .

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Himani0229 View Post
      Hi ,

still waiting for for decision from the immigration

applied 3 rd July
      co allocated 9 th October
      documents submitted 14th October ( child s medical and form 80 & 1221 )
      when checking online all the documents showing met from required status ...

Please if you have any suggestion how long does it take to grant the visa ?

We are planning to travel overseas so can't make the decision until grant letter .
      Did you contact CO?

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Mal123 View Post
      Did you contact CO?
      Yes ... But got reply back as we applied by agent so immi will not communicate with us ...

•