• Page 590 of 1295 FirstFirst ... 904905405805885895905915926006406901090 ... LastLast
    Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 12950
    Like Tree2528Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Complaining to IGIS won't do much. IGIS only tells you if your case is with ASIO or not and they check if your case is being handled appropriately or not. In our case we know that our case is referred to ASIO and our case is not being handled inappropriately (Its just delayed). If I were you, I would do the following:

1. Closely monitor various forums like this one and others and keep an eye on people referred to ASIO in early 2014 getting their grants.
      2. Once you've seen at least one of the people who've had their file referred to ASIO on or after the same date as you, you may then lodge your complain with IGIS. This way you'll know if your case has been finalized by them or not. They will tell you if ASIO doesn't have your case. ASIO normally processes applications in the order they receive them in, so by this time you're hoping to get a confirmation from them that its being finalized and advice has been sent to the DIBP. So once you've got this reply from them you can then go back to DIBP and get them to get moving on your file.

Don't waste your complaint to ASIO without doing the above, you only get one chance in 6 months to make a complaint to them. If you make a complaint premauturely tell you your case is with ASIO and is not being handled inappropriately and ask you not to contact them until next 6 months. You then don't know in the next 6 months when they finalize your case and hence you won't then be able to go back to DIBP knowing if your case is finalized or not.

DIBP is generally good after they get the response back from ASIO. They don't want to keep holding the files on which they can make the decision.

Another advice, keep an eye on the forums like this get your PCC renewed if that's already expired (More than 12 months has lapsed) and submit it when your case approaches finalization.

There are quite a few Pakistani applicants who's files were referred in Jan 2014, so hopefully we'll hear from them before its our turn. For now just sit tight and relax and try to be positive :)

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by niljosna View Post
      Hi Sugarboy,
      Wish u r right. If not within February, do u think I should complain ASIO?
      Thanks you.
      Last edited by sugarboy; 10-01-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Thank you buddy. @ sugarboy

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      hi Guys
      i am going to apply for 887 visa next month, can you please help me:

1- i have lived in Adelaide for two years, but in two different Address , i don't know how should i answer this question in online immi account:

have you lived in more than one specified regional area in the last two years? Yes NO
      if i select No because i have lived in south Australia for two years (just one regional area), they ask me to put just my current residential address
      but if i select yes ,i should put my residential address information during the last 2 years include both addresses in the next page

2- i lived 2 month in a shared room how can i proof this period as it was my residential address in Adelaide because I don't have any contract and all bills were not issued on my name
      but i have some mail and bank statements
      thanks
      Last edited by mike504; 12-01-2015 at 04:22 AM.

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by mike504 View Post
      hi Guys
      i am going to apply for 887 visa next month, can you please help me:

1- i have lived in Adelaide for two years, but in two different Address , i don't know how should i answer this question in online immi account:

have you lived in more than one specified regional area in the last two years? Yes NO
      if i select No because i have lived in south Australia for two years (just one regional area), they ask me to put just my current residential address
      but if i select yes ,i should put my residential address information during the last 2 years include both addresses in the next page

2- i lived 2 month in a shared room how can i proof this period as it was my residential address in Adelaide because I don't have any contract and all bills were not issued on my name
      but i have some mail and bank statements
      thanks
      1) If you have lived in Adelaide it will be just one regional area and it might be asking you of the current address and as you follow through your application it will pop up with to list all the address you have lived in

2) Mails and bank statements will do, at the worst you can get a letter from any of the room members you shared with and attach their bills or something for that period or you should have paid something as rent you can get a rent receipt form the person who got house bond on his or he name at that time.
      BUT IMHO, you wont need to go through all that as bank statements and Mails will do. If anything needed when allocated to case officer he will ask you and you can go with the rest.

may

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by niljosna View Post
      Mid February 2014, I submitted the papers to team 13.
      Hi niljosna i am also from Pak i have exactly the same situation as i submitted my form 80 in mid Feb 2014
      and i have spoken to my case officer he said my case gone to external check end of Feb 2014, its almost one year so our PR
      is around corner but i will suggest you to email IGIS as i will email them as well in 1st week of Feb
      Hope for best

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      http://www.expatforum.com/expats/6160058-post16697.html

One Pak Applicant who's files were referred in Mid Feb 2014 got his PR today.

Sounds like People who responded back to Team 13 request in Jan/Early Feb 2014 should follow up with DIBP and raise with IGIS to figure out if their cases are finalized.

All the best guys, please keep us posted with your updates and good news.

may

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      http://www.expatforum.com/expats/6160058-post16697.html

One Pak Applicant who's files were referred in Mid Feb 2014 got his PR today.

Sounds like People who responded back to Team 13 request in Jan/Early Feb 2014 should follow up with DIBP and raise with IGIS to figure out if their cases are finalized.

All the best guys, please keep us posted with your updates and good news.
      Thanks sugarboy for sharing this information

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Hi may,
      I m from Bangladesh. I m not sure they follow the order of processing based on individual country or not. Hope our waiting pain will be over soon. Thanks may.
      Thanks sugarboy as well to raise up our hope.

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      @sugarboy, your reference Pak applicant had 189 sub class and My sub class is 887 from 487. IS ASIO/IGIS processing the case regardless of sub class or country?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      thanks Byrash
      1) i selected No but just current address will be asked , but i think it is better i selected No because as you said Adelaide will be just one regional area
      thanks again

•