• Page 596 of 1293 FirstFirst ... 964965465865945955965975986066466961096 ... LastLast
    Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 12930
    Like Tree2516Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Lhr

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep

Absolutely!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      I concur with Blossom, it will not help.

The only way to expedite your application is to present a compelling or compassionate reason why your application should be processed quicker than those waiting behind you in the queue. I can't think of any reason which would be compelling or compassionate enough to get your visa quicker as getting PR is a privilege not a right.

Taking out the frustration will not at all result in you getting your grant quicker.
      Absolutely! one can put ones concerns in polite words.it is a matter of putting applicants of certain nationalities to checks and letting others go.Now policy seems to have changed or at least softened so we should present the discrepancy when we send normal email inquiries for the case.I understand that cases are in the hands of external agencies.But it may result in quicker processing.

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by niljosna View Post
      About 6 months before, I have seen many people here who waiting for result from beginning of 2013. Now I see only 2/3 people here. Did all of them get the result already?
      no mate I am waiting from 1st week of April 2013.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sg887 View Post
      sg887, you should have got your PR by now - do you have any clue whats going on?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by byrash View Post
      hey ya................ i got my grant... applied Dec 4th...
      Congrets byrash can u share u r nationality and have u submit u r both police check ?? Was it direct grant ?? Congrats again nd enjoy

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by niljosna View Post
      Hi sugarboy,
      No. I m confused. Mishu applied almost same time of me, and he was asked for AFP last month. But for me no one contacted. My agent emailed Immi last month. They said to wait till February and then if we want we can complain to IGIS. So may b I will complain in March.
      Hi niljosna,

There are a lot of people who applied before us and still waiting...complain to asio will not make any difference I think...yes my co changed 3 times..first one allocated on May 2014,asked for my passport copy(colour), 2nd co asked for afp for my wife and then again another co asked for afp for my wife again on 24th dec since then nothing...my agent sent a follow up email but got reply from another officer saying same thing that time frame depends from case to case so can't tell the exact date...

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Bhangu View Post
      Congrets byrash can u share u r nationality and have u submit u r both police check ?? Was it direct grant ?? Congrats again nd enjoy
      Thanks.. Iam from so called non high risk countries.. and yes, Iam submitted almost all which left them with no other option to ask any document. May be that is the reason I got it quick.

Thank you.

Hope you also get your soon.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by byrash View Post
      hey ya................ i got my grant... applied Dec 4th...
      Congratulation Byrash
      now you are free enjoy your life

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Kaustubhkadam View Post
      Dear All,

I am silent reader in this forum.This forum has been very helpful mode of communication for all visa applicants for 887.I thank you all of you for posting helpful information on this forum.I wish you all the best for your PR.

Visa type 887 from 489
      Visa applied 20th-Nov-14
      Visa Granted 14th Jan-15
      Period from application to Grant 55 days
      Country of origin India
      Person on this application Only myself

With Warm Regards,
      Kaustubh Kadam
      congrats! Kaustubhkadam

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Mishu View Post
      Hi niljosna,

There are a lot of people who applied before us and still waiting...complain to asio will not make any difference I think...yes my co changed 3 times..first one allocated on May 2014,asked for my passport copy(colour), 2nd co asked for afp for my wife and then again another co asked for afp for my wife again on 24th dec since then nothing...my agent sent a follow up email but got reply from another officer saying same thing that time frame depends from case to case so can't tell the exact date...
      Hi Mishu,

Why did they ask for AFP twice? Did the earlier submitted one expired?

Title
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sg887 View Post
      Let me tell you a story about a Bangladeshi who got his PR in last November after waiting about 19 months.

He has a family of four. After waiting more than one and a half year with several email communication with the department he became really pissed-off and thought about contacting the department directly.

In October they went to department and demanded to meet someone who can explain whats going on with their application. A nice lady met with them and told them that she will followup their case.

One week later, they saw the women in a Coles store. They rushed to her and ask her if she can recon them. She was a really nice lady and told them that she had not forgotten them and assured them again that she would definitely look in to their case.

On the next day, they got a call from the lady. She told them that she was about to deliver them a good news, however there was a technical problem. She talked to their case officer and the case officer told her that their application could be granted now, but one of their child's passport was just about to expire. So, the family jumped in to renew the passport of their child. The passport was renewed within a week. They contacted with the case officer and bingo! They got their PR next day.

So, I would suggest you to go to the department and talk to a responsible person. Don't return back with the vague words from the persons working at reception.
      Last edited by saroar; 14-01-2015 at 11:30 PM.

•