• Page 599 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 994995495895975985996006016096496991099 ... LastLast
    Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 12972
    Like Tree2540Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

may

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by eid2014 View Post
      if anyone one of u guys think you are alone i am here 2nd april 2013 :(( guys any possiblity that we make a chart for 2013 people somewhere where we can see the progress and help eachother
      Hi Eid i am july 2013 still waiting, did u contacted IGIS what did they say if you did
      i emailed them last july they said contact them again if i dont get my PR till February 2015

Title
      Liked
      25 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by may View Post
      Hi Eid i am july 2013 still waiting, did u contacted IGIS what did they say if you did
      i emailed them last july they said contact them again if i dont get my PR till February 2015
      May i called the immi and also sent an email , got the same automated response via email as like others are getting( external checks) , i have not complained to anyone as my case is with my agent and he is saying to wait :(

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Hope to see some good news from 2013 applicants tomorrow..

may

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      Hope to see some good news from 2013 applicants tomorrow..
      Hi Sugarboy i have one question if you could help me, my passport is expiring in April 2015
      For visa grant do i need 6 months validity of my passport or it does not matter as long as it is valid

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by may View Post
      Hi Sugarboy i have one question if you could help me, my passport is expiring in April 2015
      For visa grant do i need 6 months validity of my passport or it does not matter as long as it is valid
      There's no strict requirement by DIBP for you to have X months validity on your passport before a PR visa can be granted (At least not that I know of or have seen). In saying that, they will most likely not grant you the visa on an expired passport.

Its best to get your passport renewed though, because you don't want to be waiting for another 1 - 1.5 months just because of this. I understand you may need to travel to either Sydney or Canberra to get that done which is not the best, but its in your best interest anyway. The process is painless if you physically make it to the high commission or consulate early in the morning. If you need more details on that then let me know.

I see you submitted your form 80 in Feb 2014, I would expect your grant to not be too far away hopefully. If I was to be in your situation I would do the following:

1. Get my passport renewed if possible.
      2. Contact your case officer and see if they would require renewed police clearances and which ones and I'll get the renewal process underway.
      3. Contact IGIS once you've seen at least one person who have had their grant processed who submitted Form 80 on or after the same date you did.

Hope to see you get your grant very soon. Wish you all the best.

may

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      There's no strict requirement by DIBP for you to have X months validity on your passport before a PR visa can be granted (At least not that I know of or have seen). In saying that, they will most likely not grant you the visa on an expired passport.

Its best to get your passport renewed though, because you don't want to be waiting for another 1 - 1.5 months just because of this. I understand you may need to travel to either Sydney or Canberra to get that done which is not the best, but its in your best interest anyway. The process is painless if you physically make it to the high commission or consulate early in the morning. If you need more details on that then let me know.

I see you submitted your form 80 in Feb 2014, I would expect your grant to not be too far away hopefully. If I was to be in your situation I would do the following:

1. Get my passport renewed if possible.
      2. Contact your case officer and see if they would require renewed police clearances and which ones and I'll get the renewal process underway.
      3. Contact IGIS once you've seen at least one person who have had their grant processed who submitted Form 80 on or after the same date you did.

Hope to see you get your grant very soon. Wish you all the best.
      Thanks man for reply i think u r right i better renew my passport. i have been to Canberra once for passport renewal but never been to Sydney consulate, do you have any idea about Sydney office have good service because airfare for Sydney is cheaper than Canberra and is there any difference going to Canberra or Sydney
      i have contacted IGIS last year but they told me to contact them again in February 2015 if i do not received any news from immi. i will wait couple more weeks, hopefully i will hear something from immi by then and should i email my case officer to ask how long it will take to finalise my case or it will not affect anything.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Hi May,

No difference between Sydney or Canberra. Sydney office might be a little smaller than Canberra one but it doesn't really matter.

If you plan to visit Sydney, then do go to the office early in the morning, say about at 9 and have all the documents ready with you. Their checklist can be found at: http://pakistan.org.au/mrp.php. Take with you copies of all of your past passports (1st and 2nd page). On your turn they will call you, take your photograph, collect your biometrics, verify your identity and check yourself against ECL etc (This thing only takes 10-15 minutes). Once done you can then leave. You can take AustPost registered post envelope for the delivery. They'll also give you a 12 digit token number which you can use to query your renewal status either online or by SMS from within Pakistan.

I would say wait for 2-4 weeks and then call or email your case officer. There's nothing wrong with contacting Immigration to check back on status of your application. It should not affect your case.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Locomotive, is there any update on your case or any of your friends?

Title
      Liked
      11 times
      Rep
      Sorry to ask an irrelevant question guys, My 475 is valid till 22nd April 2015. does anyone know the process of applying for partner visa while on 475? If I go back to my country and get married next month, will I be able to apply for partner visa?

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by shahedce View Post
      Sorry to ask an irrelevant question guys, My 475 is valid till 22nd April 2015. does anyone know the process of applying for partner visa while on 475? If I go back to my country and get married next month, will I be able to apply for partner visa?
      Hi Shahedce,

You must be on a permanent visa or a citizen of Australia to be able to sponsor someone for a partner visa. I don't believe 475 is a permanent visa hence you cannot sponsor your partner for a spouse visa.

Your partner can however join you on 475 visa by applying for 489 Visa: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx as subsequent entrant. See Immi's website for further details.

•