• Page 606 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1065065565966046056066076086166567061106 ... LastLast
    Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 12869
    Like Tree2484Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Complaint doesn't really expedite your case, but instead tells you if your case is now out of ESC or not.

Once you've know its out of ESC then you can go to DIBP with confidence, which will result in your case getting processed quicker.

Well I agree, if one has waited for so many months a couple of more weeks won't really hurt. However, if you submitted your docs in early Jan 2014 I expect your ESC to be over by now.

In any case good luck :) keep us informed.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi All,

I'm a bit confused with question 7 & 8 in Form 80. I have answered question 7 as YES - By Birth.

Is Q-8 asking about a second citizenship that I have (if any) or do I need to fill in the details of my Citizenship here.

Please note: I have only 1 citizenship. i dont know i should put by birth our by desent
      for question 7 there is not any filed to put the country of citizenship
      ================================================== ==========
      Question 7: Do you currently have citizenship from any country? [If YES: How did you gain this citizenship (eg. birth, descent, naturalisation)?]

Question 8: Do you hold or have you held citizenship from any other country
      (including dual citizenships and all previous citizenships)?

Title
      Liked
      1830 times
      Rep
      7 yes- birth
      8 no
      Is a mummy!

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Guys you can also check your status at: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...?action=eVisa/

Title
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      I am raising an open question to all applicants who are waiting long due to ESC.

From the current trend we can see that 887 process is much faster now due to some policy amendments. They are not putting all the applications from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, etc., to detailed ESC, which was a normal practice previously. Applicants from June 2014 are being granted withing 4-6 months. More interestingly, applications from and afterward November are being finalised within more shorter period of time (less than 2 months). That implies that if some one applies now s/he would get his PR with 4-6 weeks. This time would become lesser over time from now on.

My question is, what about if I withdraw my application (I am waiting for more than 8 months) and apply again? What are the possibilities? I have figured out couple of those as:

1. DIBP will process my application according to new timeframe and policy. So, I will get PR within 2 months.
      2. DIBP will send my case to ESC again on the basis of previous application history.

Do you have any idea on this situation?

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by saroar View Post
      I am raising an open question to all applicants who are waiting long due to ESC.

From the current trend we can see that 887 process is much faster now due to some policy amendments. They are not putting all the applications from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, etc., to detailed ESC, which was a normal practice previously. Applicants from June 2014 are being granted withing 4-6 months. More interestingly, applications from and afterward November are being finalised within more shorter period of time (less than 2 months). That implies that if some one applies now s/he would get his PR with 4-6 weeks. This time would become lesser over time from now on.

My question is, what about if I withdraw my application (I am waiting for more than 8 months) and apply again? What are the possibilities? I have figured out couple of those as:

1. DIBP will process my application according to new timeframe and policy. So, I will get PR within 2 months.
      2. DIBP will send my case to ESC again on the basis of previous application history.

Do you have any idea on this situation?
      I thought about it, but I don't think you can really withdraw and apply again. For you to be able to apply for 887 you must be on one of the following visas:

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi all,

I am in family sponsored visa 489 ,that's why I am living and working in designated area, I have 3 days remain to apply for 887 and I have few questions;

1) about online application

i am stuck in page 5 which is asking following question:

Regional Australia
      Have you lived for at least two years and worked full time for a total of one year in one or more specified regional area?

No Yes
      if i follow the link specified regional area , it shows the following page which i have added link here:

Regional Australia/Low Population Growth Metropolitan Areas - Workers - Visas & Immigration

in the above mention page its describe about Regional Australia/low population growth metropolitan areas and given list in Regional Australia/low population growth metroplitan areas: its says Victoria
      except Melbourne metropolitan area but i live in Melbourne Metropolitan area, as i am in family sponsored visa 489 ,as part of visa condition i am eligible to live and work anywhere in Victoria but i am in big confusion either i can apply online application for 887 or not because in specified regional area in online application the above mention link is given where it says Victoria except Melbourne Metropolitan area and after 1st jan 2013 visa application 887 only can be submitted online as given in immigration p

lease give me advice.

Title
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      I thought about it, but I don't think you can really withdraw and apply again. For you to be able to apply for 887 you must be on one of the following visas:

Thanks for your thought.

I am currently on 475 visa which will expire on May 2015. If I withdraw my 887 application, should I not be returned to 475?

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by saroar View Post
      Thanks for your thought.

I am currently on 475 visa which will expire on May 2015. If I withdraw my 887 application, should I not be returned to 475?
      Yes, if you withdraw your 887 application then you'll be on 475 so yes you can withdraw and re-apply. But no one can tell you if its really worth doing it or not because all you have on the other side is just plain darkness and nothing else.

If things go fine then brilliant, but if they don't then you have to be mentally prepared for the worse.

Title
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      Yes, if you withdraw your 887 application then you'll be on 475 so yes you can withdraw and re-apply. But no one can tell you if its really worth doing it or not because all you have on the other side is just plain darkness and nothing else.

If things go fine then brilliant, but if they don't then you have to be mentally prepared for the worse.
      You are right; there are some degree of uncertainty, which makes this venture not viable.

•