• Page 610 of 1293 FirstFirst ... 1105105606006086096106116126206607101110 ... LastLast
    Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 12930
    Like Tree2524Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      I am considering raising this with Commonwealth Ombudsman http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/pages/ab...ce-charter.php or email: ombudsman@ombudsman.gov.au . Not decided yet but thinking about it. I think multiple complaints of the same nature will make a strong case and get them to take action and make recommendations to DIBP.

Basically what I would be looking at stressing in my communication is:

1. DIBP does not provide any further details on our case other than "routine checks". I am sure due to freedom of information laws you are entitled to know stuff - especially about your own application.
      2. We have done our fair share of waiting - some have waited here more than others. There's nothing wrong with cases being sent for ESC as long as they get a response back in a given time. PR applications from high risk applicants from other sub classes eventually gets processed but applicants here are waiting from April 2013 - totally insanse.
      3. Fact that 887 is meant to be processed in the order of receipt of applications by DIBP, but new applications are processed in a timely fashion - outlining the justice factor here.
      4. Difficulties we face due to uncertainty.

I would request them to work towards the following actions:

1. More clarity as to whats going on with our checks.
      2. Estimated ETA if it can be provided (probably never gonna happen due to the nature of referrals to ASIO).
      3. Any administrative arrangements which would help to have these applications processed faster would be great.

I think raising our voice is better than not doing anything and only waiting. There are avenues through which we can raise our voice, we should use them and use them wisely. Like for example if one person will complain probably nothing will happen but if 10 people make the same complaint then obviously they'll realize there is something wrong and maybe something can be done to fix it.
      I have lodged complaint but its invain... :)

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Yeah, I do not expect one complaint to make a difference.

Who did you complain btw? IGIS or Commonwealth Ombudsman? and what did they say?

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by eid2014 View Post
      Call 13 number from immi web site and listen options its got call back option as well. I did it last week
      I called 131881 but non of options was that. Would you please give more info?
      I did that once i am sure, but I couldn't get that option this time I tried.
      thanks

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      I called immi this morning and asked about the process of my application. A fine lady asked me to email GSM. Adelaide to get information about my application. I also asked her about complaining and what I can do. She gave me a number (133177).

I emailed GSM.adelaide and called 133177 afterward. this is the complaint line and you can find it at immi website too.
      http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/ou...tion-enquiries

I lodged a complaint about super long waiting period of my application to be processed and the lady got all information and tolled me they are going to inform me about my complaint via email.

I am thinking to complain everywhere I can about this. The things happening to us are not fair. I am waiting from Nov 2013. More than enough.

Any idea? Have you guys used this service before?
      Last edited by Locomotive; 29-01-2015 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typo

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
      am thinking to complain everywhere I can about this. The things happening to us are not fair. I am waiting from Nov 2013. More than enough.

Any idea? Have you guys used this service before?

Hi Locomotive, did they ask you further AFP or any other docs after being processed in ASIO? I applied Agust 2013. It's a big frustrating.
      Last edited by noworriesmate; 30-01-2015 at 01:15 AM.

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      The IGIS annual report for 2013-2014 can be downloaded. On page 12 of the report which is about ASIO visa security assessmeny process it is noted that "...as a result of this process we(igis) identified progress has stalled for up to six months in a small No of visa applicants because they had not been re assigned following the departure of staff from the visa security assessment team. We raised the issue with ASIO which sebsequently reviewed and formalised the process relating to allocatoon of cases in acordance with priorities set by immigration...."
      This report is submitted in Oct 2014 and as you see just because ASIO's visa security team had been apparently under resourced some unlucky cases have not been refered properly. You would agree that even as per this forum after around the date of submitting this report we see cases are being processed way too faster. It could really be as simple as that the ASIO might not had enough staff to follow cases. It is really unfortunate...
      The point that I am trying to make is Lodge complaints as much as possible and to as many related offices as available.... Specially if your case is more that 1 year old....even IGIS admits the lack of organisation within ASIO when it comes to visa security checks...
      475 to 887--- Application Date: 22 Aug 2014---Team 10 Request: 12 Nov 2014
      No Team 13 Request so far---Referred to ESC: 23 Nov 2014---Grant 27th July 2015 Waiting time 11+ months

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by niljosna View Post
      Locomotive, did they ask you further AFP or any other docs after being processed in ASIO? I applied Agust 2013. It's a big frustrating.
      No Mate. The only thing they told me is that my case transferred to Adelaide team 10 at Sep 2014. I asked team 10 about my case officer and they said I do not have any and cases are under process in a team and not individually!!!
      Last edited by noworriesmate; 30-01-2015 at 01:14 AM.

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      An Iranian friend who applied on 10th Aug 2014 got his visa last week. a couple with no child...
      No Team 13 Request so far---Referred to ESC: 23 Nov 2014---Grant 27th July 2015 Waiting time 11+ months

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      Another Iranian friend applied in July 2014 received PR this week...

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Waiting is a big stress, what is the best way to rise our hand to show our pain which accelerate our file, can any one guide us.......

•