• Page 614 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 1145145646046126136146156166246647141114 ... LastLast
    Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 12972
    Like Tree2541Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      I think there's something wrong with the 887 Subclass and Security Checks. All other visa sub classes are getting grants even when they are going through security checks.

Look at this one below, someone got the grant today:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/6342034-post6360.html

I don't know what could be wrong here other than a technical glitch or fault causing our applications to not get picked up.

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      @sugarboy,
      I am also confused on it. I m keen to know what's wrong with our applications.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hi all, one of my friend from India got pR today . Applied 23 December 2014.

Title
      Liked
      24 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      I think there's something wrong with the 887 Subclass and Security Checks. All other visa sub classes are getting grants even when they are going through security checks.

Look at this one below, someone got the grant today:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/6342034-post6360.html

I don't know what could be wrong here other than a technical glitch or fault causing our applications to not get picked up.
      This is so sad. They promised us to give us visa once we spend two years and one year full time job. .now they are making us more wait in the name of checks ..they should have done these checks at the time of allowing us to enter Australia. .
      These all are nothing but just delaying tactics. .they need educated and English speaking people to fuel their economy, they don't care about our problems or difficulties we face due to visa issues. .
      Anyways its their country so they have the right to do what they want. .we can't do anything except wait and wait. .

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      I don't think its delaying tactics. If it was they would not all of a sudden start giving away visas to new applicants without lengthy processing, not would they also start processing visas from other sub classes.

I also think that they can't really check everyone extensively when they enter Australia so they do it at the time of PR application, which is totally fine. I'm not against the wait, especially after having waited for this long. Like, currently Feb/March 2014 applications from other sub classes referred to Security checks are getting processed. You can never be sure but you can roughly guess this is how long its gonna take for yours and therefore you can plan around it, but in our case I don't know whats wrong with subclass 887. I literally think there is a technical issue somewhere causing our applications to not come up in the queue when ASIO starts to process applications in the order in which they receive them or DIBP have assigned lower priority to this subclass for security checks and have never updated this.

Anyway this will be confirmed with Niljosna and Ishi. If they get their visas within 2 weeks of submitting their AFP then we have some hope otherwise we're in a black hole.

The only way of knowing if your security checks are finished or not is by raising your case with IGIS, only they can inquire ASIO's system and check where your application is at. If your application is still outstanding at ASIO then do not expect anything from DIBP other than standard routine processing response.

What bothers me is that this is going to be never ending.

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      When my co ask AFP again at sep 2014 and I submitted this with in a week, that time I hope may be I get result soon. But it's more than 3 mon bro still have the same status. I am soo frustrated
      Last edited by ABM887; 04-02-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Did you ever contact IGIS regarding your application?

Did they ask you to submit AFP themselves? As in was there any contact from your end before that?

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Yes I contact IGIS.
      i apply June 2013 and they ask for my AFP again becoz the previous one was expird. After that nothing.
      but today when I check my immi account I fine they ask for my medical again. Regarding this medical issu they are not give me any email I fine this one on my account.
      Last edited by ABM887; 04-02-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Can I please ask when did you contact IGIS and what was their reply?

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      I contact them January 2015 and they reply me that

"You recently made a complaint to the Inspector General of Intelligence and Security about a visa application. We have now completed our review and have not identified any unexplained delay, illegality or impropriety by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation affecting this case. There are no grounds for any further action by us at this stage.
      We understand that this visa application was lodged in May 2013 and some time has now elapsed without finalisation. Many other applicants are also experiencing similar delays. The length of time taken to process the visa is not necessarily indicative of the outcome of the application.

If you have not received an outcome for the visa application by August 2015 please contact us again.
      eid2014 likes this.

•