• Page 616 of 1295 FirstFirst ... 1165165666066146156166176186266667161116 ... LastLast
    Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 12950
    Like Tree2528Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      I don't think its delaying tactics. If it was they would not all of a sudden start giving away visas to new applicants without lengthy processing, not would they also start processing visas from other sub classes.

I also think that they can't really check everyone extensively when they enter Australia so they do it at the time of PR application, which is totally fine. I'm not against the wait, especially after having waited for this long. Like, currently Feb/March 2014 applications from other sub classes referred to Security checks are getting processed. You can never be sure but you can roughly guess this is how long its gonna take for yours and therefore you can plan around it, but in our case I don't know whats wrong with subclass 887. I literally think there is a technical issue somewhere causing our applications to not come up in the queue when ASIO starts to process applications in the order in which they receive them or DIBP have assigned lower priority to this subclass for security checks and have never updated this.

Anyway this will be confirmed with Niljosna and Ishi. If they get their visas within 2 weeks of submitting their AFP then we have some hope otherwise we're in a black hole.

The only way of knowing if your security checks are finished or not is by raising your case with IGIS, only they can inquire ASIO's system and check where your application is at. If your application is still outstanding at ASIO then do not expect anything from DIBP other than standard routine processing response.

What bothers me is that this is going to be never ending.
      I am always a silent reader of this forum and one of those unfortunate Bangladeshi family who are waiting since June'13 :( I have submitted everything team 13 & team 10 asked for time to time that includes Form 80, overseas police clearance, medical for my toddler and add to the misery, submitted our AFP for the 2nd time almost 2 months ago (Early December) but haven't had an answer yet.
      Lodged 2 complaints with IGIS so far. Initial one was July last year - got an standard response; 2nd complaints lodged in Jan'15 - got a reply to contact them in Jun'15 if the case hasn't been finalised within that time.
      I think "Sugarboy" is correct - something some where is having a glitch which is causing the delay not the security check.

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by HMMH View Post
      Only AFP NPC? I am asked to submit PC from all the countries that I have lived in for the last 10 years apart from AFP NPC.
      Luckily just AFP. But now I have realized the AFP only made extra stress, nothing else. Although my agent is hoping for positive outcome.

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by niljosna View Post
      Luckily just AFP. But now I have realized the AFP only made extra stress, nothing else. Although my agent is hoping for positive outcome.
      I don't want to upset you but as I have said, I have submitted my AFP for the 2nd time (asked by Team 10) in early December 2014 :( 2 months has passed since then without any response. This is so frustrating :(

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      So the request for AFP wasn't due to the completion of the security checks. If it had been then IGIS would have said your case is not with ASIO.

This is now clear nothing's gonna move until a Miracle happens.

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Let me share the responses of IGIS complaint:
      Complaint lodge: Jule'14
      Response: "We have not identified any unexplained delay, illegality or impropriety by the ASIO affecting this case and there are no grounds for any further action by us at this stage"

Complaint lodge: Jan'15
      Response: "We have now completed our review and have not identified any unexplained delay, illegality or impropriety by the ASIO affecting this case and there are no grounds for any further action by us at this stage. If you have not received an outcome for the visa by June 2015 please contact us again."

Team 10 has asked for my AFP for the 2nd time in late November'14 which I have supplied in early December.

Just to share my timeline: Applied for 887 : June 13. CO assigned : Team 10 in Nov 13. Asked for Form 80 in Nov 13: Supplied in Dec 13. Asked for Overseas police clearance of my secondary applicant (as they were away for 2 months) in Nov 14: Supplied Nov14. Asked for Medical of my toddler in Nov'14 : supplied. Asked for AFP again in Nov'14: Supplied 5 Dec.

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      I think they are waiting for any order from upper level. The scenario look like they are not treating our files ( 2013 applicants) with normal law. On that time, Immi sent all the files to ASIO just blindly. Again they started processing the new all file blindly. I think we all get the result almost same time if any new decision they make.
      eid2014 and Screwed887 like this.

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      Hi Guys,
      Any idea about making complaint to immigration Ombudsmen? That seems one of the last avenues to explore..specially for 2013 applicants...
      http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/pages/contact-us/
      After all we are all DIBP's client who have paid them to receive a service and without a doubt must expect to be treated(served) fairly, in a timely manner. No one disagree with whatever checks they decide to do but ultimately expectations have to be met. Keeping people in limbo without any reasonable explanation is just not right...
      475 to 887--- Application Date: 22 Aug 2014---Team 10 Request: 12 Nov 2014
      No Team 13 Request so far---Referred to ESC: 23 Nov 2014---Grant 27th July 2015 Waiting time 11+ months

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Their approach with our files look like 887 applicants in 2013 are the most terrorist suspected people in the planet.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by applicant887 View Post
      Hi Guys,
      Any idea about making complaint to immigration Ombudsmen? That seems one of the last avenues to explore..specially for 2013 applicants...
      http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/pages/contact-us/
      After all we are all DIBP's client who have paid them to receive a service and without a doubt must expect to be treated(served) fairly, in a timely manner. No one disagree with whatever checks they decide to do but ultimately expectations have to be met. Keeping people in limbo without any reasonable explanation is just not right...
      You can do that, but for you to be able to do that first you need to have made a written complaint with DIBP and be dissatisfied with its outcome.

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      2013 Guys,
      I think complaining anywhere wont make any difference to our files. It's better not to waste our time and energy. Unfortunately it will also give us the false hope of sooner grant. Whereas the practical scenario is when your file is suppose to move it will move only then. To me it's better not to get humiliated anymore.

•