• Page 617 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 1175175676076156166176186196276677171117 ... LastLast
    Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 12972
    Like Tree2541Likes

    Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?


    1. #6161

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      86
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      If our applications are on ministerial decision, then there is a little chance to move forward without pressure. Unfortunately we don't have any pressure group, like refugees have lots of pressure groups.

    2. #6162

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      86
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      u can glimpse here

      The law

      Under s56 of the Migration Act (the ‘Act’), which is within subdivision AB – Code of procedure for dealing fairly, efficiently and quickly with visa applications, the Minister is empowered to get any information that he or she considers relevant …in making the decision whether to grant or refuse the visa. A fair reading of this section would seem to suggest that the Minister can get any relevant information from the visa applicant as well as from other governmental agencies, such as security information of a particular visa applicant from ASIO. This subdivision further provides that the Minister can seek the additional information “at an interview between the applicant and an officer” (s58). “Officer” is specifically defined (s5(1A)) and ASIO officers are amongst the ones who are authorized in a Gazette notice.



      Further questions

      If the current arrangements between the DIAC and an external agency stem from the authority under s56 of the Act, further questions arise: The way in which the DIAC handles security checks with an external agency would seem to suggest that, once the visa applicant falls within certain profiles the matter must be referred to the external agency for further assessment as a matter of departmental policy. How and how long the external agency purports to deal with the matter is entirely out of the hands of the DIAC officer. Until and unless the external agency reports back to the DIAC, it is unable to take action on the file to grant the visa. It raises a question as to whether the decision maker is subrogating part of his/her legal duties in making a decision authorised by the law?


      - See more at: http://www.iarc.asn.au/_blog/Immigra....lmmom6GD.dpuf

    3. #6163

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      24
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi all,

      some problem is being occurred for online application 887 , as I am a secondary applicant of 489 and fulfilled 2 year stay and 1 year work requirement ,I am going to be main applicant for visa 887 ,which I think is acceptable to DIBP ,my visa was active from 4/02/2013 , but while filling up the online application ,it is giving error saying "you do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use this service" , initially I thought that it is a technical problem ,when I called IMMI ,they said that it is a technical problem and they will send email to technical team, as per immi it will take 1 week to get reply from technical team , its sad that I cant apply 887 visa for whole week .In other hand

      when I try from my wife immi account, and filled a details of her as a main applicant on online application ,the system is not showing any error message ,that shown for my immi account when I filled application as a main applicant with my details. my wife was a main applicant for visa subclass 489 but she couldn't fulfil fulltime employment for visa 887 that's why I need to apply for visa 887 as a main applicant but as far as I know DIBP regulation is allowing secondary applicant of 489 to apply 887 as a main applicant.

      BIG confusion and stressed
      anybody who is in same situation please advice.

      thanks

    4. #6164

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      28
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      if i was in u r situation i applied under wife name and show them my work proof as i think u cant apply anyway i suggest seek professional help without wasting time.

      Quote Originally Posted by nep12 View Post
      Hi all,

      some problem is being occurred for online application 887 , as I am a secondary applicant of 489 and fulfilled 2 year stay and 1 year work requirement ,I am going to be main applicant for visa 887 ,which I think is acceptable to DIBP ,my visa was active from 4/02/2013 , but while filling up the online application ,it is giving error saying "you do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use this service" , initially I thought that it is a technical problem ,when I called IMMI ,they said that it is a technical problem and they will send email to technical team, as per immi it will take 1 week to get reply from technical team , its sad that I cant apply 887 visa for whole week .In other hand

      when I try from my wife immi account, and filled a details of her as a main applicant on online application ,the system is not showing any error message ,that shown for my immi account when I filled application as a main applicant with my details. my wife was a main applicant for visa subclass 489 but she couldn't fulfil fulltime employment for visa 887 that's why I need to apply for visa 887 as a main applicant but as far as I know DIBP regulation is allowing secondary applicant of 489 to apply 887 as a main applicant.

      BIG confusion and stressed
      anybody who is in same situation please advice.

      thanks

    5. #6165

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      24
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by jan487 View Post
      if i was in u r situation i applied under wife name and show them my work proof as i think u cant apply anyway i suggest seek professional help without wasting time.

      Hi Jan487 ,

      Thanks for reply.
      is it possible to apply under my wife name and show fulltime work proof under my name ?as far as I know all requirements should be fulfilled by main applicant for visa 887 isn't it.

    6. #6166

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      10
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by nep12 View Post
      Hi Jan487 ,

      Thanks for reply.
      is it possible to apply under my wife name and show fulltime work proof under my name ?as far as I know all requirements should be fulfilled by main applicant for visa 887 isn't it.
      Hello Jan887'

      yes it's possible to apply under ur wife name and show full time work as ur name. One of my friend apply as like you.

    7. #6167

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      229
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Niljosna, did you follow up with DIBP?

    8. #6168

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      86
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      Niljosna, did you follow up with DIBP?
      Not yet. I requested my agent to send email to immi yesterday, agent told me to wait till next week. I know nothing will be happened, as my vevo ( e-business) account is still showing my security clearance required.

    9. #6169

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      169
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      For the second consecutive month the allocation date for 887 application hasn't changed... it is stuck in Aug 14....
      http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/ge...ion-times.aspx
      475 to 887--- Application Date: 22 Aug 2014---Team 10 Request: 12 Nov 2014
      No Team 13 Request so far---Referred to ESC: 23 Nov 2014---Grant 27th July 2015 Waiting time 11+ months

    10. #6170

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      25
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by niljosna View Post
      Not yet. I requested my agent to send email to immi yesterday, agent told me to wait till next week. I know nothing will be happened, as my vevo ( e-business) account is still showing my security clearance required.
      Just a quick one niljosna, where does it show your security clearance status? Is it using TRN/ImmiAccount? When I do a VEVO check, it only gives me my current bridging visa details.

     

  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Visa Update.
      By PEZ in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 24-02-2009, 11:47 AM
    2. My Visa Connections Update
      By andrew_obrien in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 27-08-2008, 12:39 AM
    3. Visa processing times ....update!!!
      By cunnah10 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 26-08-2008, 08:47 AM
    4. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
    5. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:46 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums