• Page 638 of 1290 FirstFirst ... 1385385886286366376386396406486887381138 ... LastLast
    Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 12898
    Like Tree2494Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      I already talked to a powerful Federal MP ( Tasmania, pls don't ask the name) about the discrimination between old and new applicantions of 887. He said he will place a report in the cabinate meeting. But for me he can't help or he can't request anyone. but he will ask them the update of my file. But this update will be second time for me by him.
      applied: August 2013
      team 13: mid February 2014.
      CO: End Of February 2014.
      AFP: January 2015
      Grand: June 11, 2015

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by niljosna View Post
      I already talked to a powerful Federal MP ( Tasmania, pls don't ask the name) about the discrimination between old and new applicantions of 887. He said he will place a report in the cabinate meeting. But for me he can't help or he can't request anyone. but he will ask them the update of my file. But this update will be second time for me by him.
      The fact is immigration has simply handed over the responsibility to those agencies. reality is that as long as a case is linked to security issues no one will or can do anything unless the relevant responsible authority gives the green light. when I was talking to my local MP he mentioned that this is not because immi don't want to help but because they have no option but to wait for the feedback from them. The catch is though that these agencies don't work for immi but they are working with immigration. Unless there is a way to hold these guys responsible we won't find out what is going on there. Even if the matter was put in front of cabinet no one would or could suggest to external agency to speed up the so called checking process and compromise security although every one would agree that this is all escape goat. I reckon all these agencies are doing is checking with major international policing authority like Interpol
      and nothing more..............so upsetting.....
      niljosna and money like this.
      475 to 887--- Application Date: 22 Aug 2014---Team 10 Request: 12 Nov 2014
      No Team 13 Request so far---Referred to ESC: 23 Nov 2014---Grant 27th July 2015 Waiting time 11+ months

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by In1819 View Post
      Did anyone or any of your known got visa in this week ?
      Hey in1819 .....any news about your grant? I also had uploaded certified copies of my dox on 6th of this month n it's almost fortnight since I have uploaded dox....but I haven't got any revert back so far... Normally they mention in automated mail that we will reply to your query within 7 working days.. This is really irresponsible that they keep us waiting in darkness....

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
      Hey in1819 .....any news about your grant? I also had uploaded certified copies of my dox on 6th of this month n it's almost fortnight since I have uploaded dox....but I haven't got any revert back so far... Normally they mention in automated mail that we will reply to your query within 7 working days.. This is really irresponsible that they keep us waiting in darkness....

Not Yet mate... its only been 5 working days after I have uploaded certified proof of age...

I have been working in Public sector (SA Gov) from last two years.. and I know its a pain to get things moving.... most of departments work like in leisure time... and on their own will...

we are helpless but need to be hopeful to get soon...

As Sunny got PR granted on 17/03 yesterday...He applied on 19/01/15 and I applied on 22/01/15.. .so may be n couple of days... as per progress in last few weeks.
      Last edited by In1819; 18-03-2015 at 06:03 AM.
      887 applied : 22 Jan 2015 / Nationality: India / Asked for Certified Birth certificate : 12Mar15 / Submitted : 12Mar15 / Grant : 20Mar15

Title
      Liked
      24 times
      Rep
      Good news for long waiting applicants:
      My close friend got his 887 yesterday. His time line is ad follow. .

887 applied: October 2013
      Team 13 contact : December 2013
      Case officer team 10: February 2014
      Grant: March 2015

Good luck to all waiting since long long long time. .
      docA likes this.
      (First entered Aus: April 2012)(887 applied : April 2014)(PR Grant: july 2015)(Applying for Citizenship : July 2016)

Lhr

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by applicant887 View Post
      The fact is immigration has simply handed over the responsibility to those agencies. reality is that as long as a case is linked to security issues no one will or can do anything unless the relevant responsible authority gives the green light. when I was talking to my local MP he mentioned that this is not because immi don't want to help but because they have no option but to wait for the feedback from them. The catch is though that these agencies don't work for immi but they are working with immigration. Unless there is a way to hold these guys responsible we won't find out what is going on there. Even if the matter was put in front of cabinet no one would or could suggest to external agency to speed up the so called checking process and compromise security although every one would agree that this is all escape goat. I reckon all these agencies are doing is checking with major international policing authority like Interpol
      and nothing more..............so upsetting.....
      They can ask them to speed up.You may know the cases of boat arrivals.Their cases were given priority under ministerial direction.Only thing is that visas now cant be granted without report from agencies.However process can definitely be hastened under governments directive.I even believe that minister can atleast give concession if change in legislation is hard atm, because policy has changed under realisation of government.Parliament is supreme.Your contact with MP should be appreciated by others who are waiting.In fact others should follow suit.It would at least hasten the process if cant do away with it.

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by khan2942014 View Post

probably this time, something is going to happend really. we all want to get out of the hell. we are suffering a lot. this is the worst nightmare of our life. hope it will end soon.
      docA likes this.
      applied: August 2013
      team 13: mid February 2014.
      CO: End Of February 2014.
      AFP: January 2015
      Grand: June 11, 2015

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by khan2942014 View Post

Hello Khan,

When did your friend get his PR... this week or before... as I think only one guy named Sunny (Pakistan) has updated this forum on Monday... with his PR received.
      887 applied : 22 Jan 2015 / Nationality: India / Asked for Certified Birth certificate : 12Mar15 / Submitted : 12Mar15 / Grant : 20Mar15

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Today one of my Pakistani friend got 887 PR within 2 months. What a DIAC justice with 2013 applicants. All new applicants are getting PR within 2 months while we 2013 applicants has been waiting. I pray to Allah, escape us from this waiting jail. Its enough

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Sunny
      congrats!

•