• Page 657 of 1286 FirstFirst ... 1575576076476556566576586596677077571157 ... LastLast
    Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 12854
    Like Tree2474Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      25 times
      Rep
      one of the best forum member from 2013 , who applied in april 2013 got his golden email last week , he will soon update the forum members , he is really helpfull , just wanna say thanks to him for all his support and wanna wish him all the very best for his future with all the happiness ameen;)
      money likes this.
      Case applied -1 st week of april 2013 , Case officer allocated -1 st week of November 2013 , Form 80 and 1221 and medical requested - november 2013, AFP asked again March 2015.

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Sam1986 View Post
      Congrats

i don't know what they are waiting on my application, all document submitted on 9 th april and their is no communication after that, does any1 know do case officer reply with 28 days after submitting all documents??
      Sam what they are showing in your immi account?

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by eid2014 View Post
      one of the best forum member from 2013 , who applied in april 2013 got his golden email last week , he will soon update the forum members , he is really helpfull , just wanna say thanks to him for all his support and wanna wish him all the very best for his future with all the happiness ameen;)
      Thanks for the info Eid..

Thats really good to know..very happy for him.

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by eid2014 View Post
      thats good news for us "chronic" applicants, lets hope that we get through it ASAP, whats your status EID and Sugarboy

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      Sugarboy, I think you can be easily immigration consultant now , your info is amazing

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by docA View Post
      Sugarboy, I think you can be easily immigration consultant now , your info is amazing
      haha docA, i wouldn't want to though.

I'm still waiting.

Btw Immigration now reviews our files every 6 weeks to see if there is an update from ASIO with regards to the security checks. So worst case could be that for we will potentially need to wait for 6 additional weeks from the time our security checks are cleared by the ASIO before immigration acts on our file. To get around that I recommend applicants to contact Immigration right in between that 6 weeks period so that the additional wait is reduced to 3 weeks in worst case scenario.

But all that depends on ASIO to finalize our case.

I lodged an inquiry with IGIS, they just responded with normal reply saying my case is not being handled illegally or inappropriately.

Contacted Immigration various times, raised complaints etc but they are like we are bound by regulations to wait for the results to come back so there's not much we can do. Which I think they are understandably right. The delay unfortunately is with ASIO, not with Immigration.

But anyway, best of luck everyone - seems like its starting to move now. Or atleast that's what we can hope for.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Sugar Boy

Does anyone know why we (887 applicants) have to be assessed by ASIO? where as other applicants 189, 190, 186 off or on shore completes the process only submitting police clearance certificate. I just don't understand? I have applied last September 2014, 7 months now no golden letter. all papers submitted n no enquiry from CO. Contacted twice n told that relevant checks (security, character)are going on n has not finished. God knows when it will happen. Where as some lucky 887 applicants have had their approval within two to three months. Even who applied after me...what is going on...what should I do..should I contact ASIO??

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by tbzz View Post
      Hi Sugar Boy

Does anyone know why we (887 applicants) have to be assessed by ASIO? where as other applicants 189, 190, 186 off or on shore completes the process only submitting police clearance certificate. I just don't understand? I have applied last September 2014, 7 months now no golden letter. all papers submitted n no enquiry from CO. Contacted twice n told that relevant checks (security, character)are going on n has not finished. God knows when it will happen. Where as some lucky 887 applicants have had their approval within two to three months. Even who applied after me...what is going on...what should I do..should I contact ASIO??
      Hi tbzz,

Security checks used to happen for mostly all applicants from High Risk countries, especially for permanent visas. Even 189, 186 etc applicants would have had to go through these checks. Somehow after September 2014 not all applicants (mostly not) were not referred to these checks - maybe a change in the policy of procedure. Seems like you are one of the last unlucky ones who got stuck with it (I hope not).

Contacting ASIO is useless - they will ask you to contact the client agency DIBP and wouldn't tell you anything.

A complaint with IGIS can be lodged to check ASIO's system for your application, but that can only be done after 1 year of lodgement.

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      They contacted d me for providing AFP on 26 March and Polio vaccination certificate and overseas Police certificate on 10 April, which I provided straightaway. Does this mean ESC is cleared, and grant will be soon. On Friday, I rang Brisbane number, but they were unable to provide any update as said that don't deal with 887 and advised to contact Team 10 via e-mail, which I did not do and will wait for next week. I applied Dec 13.
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      haha docA, i wouldn't want to though.

I'm still waiting.

Btw Immigration now reviews our files every 6 weeks to see if there is an update from ASIO with regards to the security checks. So worst case could be that for we will potentially need to wait for 6 additional weeks from the time our security checks are cleared by the ASIO before immigration acts on our file. To get around that I recommend applicants to contact Immigration right in between that 6 weeks period so that the additional wait is reduced to 3 weeks in worst case scenario.

But all that depends on ASIO to finalize our case.

I lodged an inquiry with IGIS, they just responded with normal reply saying my case is not being handled illegally or inappropriately.

Contacted Immigration various times, raised complaints etc but they are like we are bound by regulations to wait for the results to come back so there's not much we can do. Which I think they are understandably right. The delay unfortunately is with ASIO, not with Immigration.

But anyway, best of luck everyone - seems like its starting to move now. Or atleast that's what we can hope for.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by docA View Post
      They contacted d me for providing AFP on 26 March and Polio vaccination certificate and overseas Police certificate on 10 April, which I provided straightaway. Does this mean ESC is cleared, and grant will be soon. On Friday, I rang Brisbane number, but they were unable to provide any update as said that don't deal with 887 and advised to contact Team 10 via e-mail, which I did not do and will wait for next week. I applied Dec 13.
      Nope, unfortunately doesn't mean that ESC is cleared. They check pending applications every 6 weeks to see if they are up-to-date. They would have realized in one of those reviews that You need to provide up-to-date AFP, Overseas penal certificate and Polio certificate. If your checks would have been cleared they would have finalized your application once you provided them with all the information they requested.

You just had hard luck with the Brisbane number I reckon, try again tomorrow see if you get a different operator. Majority of operators are helpful. Do you know when was your application referred to ESC?

•