• Page 664 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 1645646146546626636646656666747147641164 ... LastLast
    Results 6,631 to 6,640 of 12972
    Like Tree2541Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
      I made a call to Brisbane.
      They said my application is under external check.

1. What does it mean?
      2. How long does it take?
      3. Is there anything I can do about it?
      Cloud,
      You are one of few unlucky late 2014 applicants which is refereed to ESC. Unfortunately nothing can be done but to wait. I talked to a guy lately who had even written to the prime minister and received the same loads of ..... in response.
      such an unfair and annoying way to process applications.
      475 to 887--- Application Date: 22 Aug 2014---Team 10 Request: 12 Nov 2014
      No Team 13 Request so far---Referred to ESC: 23 Nov 2014---Grant 27th July 2015 Waiting time 11+ months

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      I am on 489 visa and going to apply 887 visa, I am main applicant.
      Do my wife has to give IELTS exam ?we are in Australia

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Do we have to apply 887 visa application to Adelaide or Brisbane ?

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by tbzz View Post
      Hello Sugar Boy,

I have been reading the threads for last couple of days. Just got confused over some issues? Is there a policy change with regards ESC referral after September 2014? I Lodged my application on 25th September 2014. CO assigned on: 27th November 2014, only asked for some correction in form 80 and requested my marriage certificate? Since then it is silent. I am not sure whether I have been referred to ESC because I was told that relevant check are being undertaken (Health, Character etc). Not sure does it mean ESC referral. If so, my CO was assigned on November 2014 and if there is a policy change on ESC then have I been referred to ESC? not clear? Few people were saying they are getting 887 approval within 2 or 3 monts where as applicants of 2013,2014 are still waiting. very confused what should I do? Should I lodge a new one without withdrawing the current one? No idea whatsoever. One of the guy said he had been advised by Customer Service Officer at Brisbane office to lodge new application without withdrawing the new one? why this needed to be done. Is it justified? what the ....F....K they think of US

1. Is there a policy change with regards ESC referral after September 2014

Yes, it seems like there's some sort of change with regards to their process/criteria for referring to ESC for sure. Or the ESC itself is faster. Most likely the process/criteria though.

2. I Lodged my application on 25th September 2014. CO assigned on: 27th November 2014, only asked for some correction in form 80 and requested my marriage certificate? Since then it is silent. I am not sure whether I have been referred to ESC because I was told that relevant check are being undertaken (Health, Character etc). Not sure does it mean ESC referral. If so, my CO was assigned on November 2014 and if there is a policy change on ESC then have I been referred to ESC? not clear?

Based on the information you have provided its not possible to conclude whether your file has been referred to ESC or not. Having said that you should have received your grant by now so it seems like you've been referred to ESC (I dearly hope not). Only DIBP or your case officer can confirm what sort of checks is your application is referred to. If they say external agencies are involved then that means its very likely gone for ESC.

3. Few people were saying they are getting 887 approval within 2 or 3 monts where as applicants of 2013,2014 are still waiting. very confused what should I do? Should I lodge a new one without withdrawing the current one? No idea whatsoever. One of the guy said he had been advised by Customer Service Officer at Brisbane office to lodge new application without withdrawing the new one? why this needed to be done. Is it justified?

Yes, people these days are normally getting their 887 somewhere between 2-3 months in normal circumstances. I do not recommend you to withdraw and re-lodge the application as the department has all your previous records and there's a fair chance you'll be subject to the same checks. If thats the case you run the risk of wasting the application fee and all of the time up till now. On the other hand, some how you will not be subject to the same checks and you'll get your grant quicker, however I believe that the likelihood of this happening is very low. Its a risk you need to evaluate for yourself, but I would suggest don't re-lodge the application. If they have to give you the grant, they will give it to you considering your current application.

Let us know if you need further assistance.
      Last edited by sugarboy; 24-04-2015 at 10:18 AM.
      tbzz likes this.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
      Do we have to apply 887 visa application to Adelaide or Brisbane ?
      887 typically can only be applied online through ImmiAccount. Currently Adelaide Team 10 processes Subclass 887 applications.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      I am on 489 visa and going to apply 887 visa, I am main applicant.
      Do my wife has to give IELTS exam ?we are in Australia
      Nope, you do not need your wife to give IELTS for 887 visa.

Your wife must only meet the following criteria:

• the relationship with your partner is genuine and continuing
      • your partner is at least 18 years of age when the application is lodged (there are some exceptions)
      • you and your partner do not have a have a parent in common and you are not an ancestor or descendant of one another.
      • Your marriage must be valid under Australian law.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
      I made a call to Brisbane.
      They said my application is under external check.

1. What does it mean?
      Hi Cloud,

Do you mind sharing with us which nationality you're from?

1. What does it mean?
      Your application is potentially being referred to ASIO (Australian Security Intelligence Organisation) to see if you meet PIC (Public Interest Criteria 4002) mandatory for Subclass 887 visa. ASIO performs a security assessment on you and establishes whether or not you are a threat to Australian national security or not. If they establish you are not, you get issued a non pre-judicial advice meaning you meet PIC 4002. If they assess you as being security threat then they issue you a adverse assessment which leads to cancellation of your current visa and refusal of the visa you've applied for.

Time period for security assessments vary. Each case is treated differently based on the applicant's history, attributes and the visa subclass they have applied for. For most people it takes somewhere between 12-24 months.

Unfortunately nothing. DIBP has to wait for your assessment result to come through before they can make a decision on your case.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Is there anyone who applied 887 from Australia as onshore ? Not from outside Australia
      887 can only be applied when an applicant is on-shore at the time of lodgement. Even for the grant the applicant must be on-short.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by coolrimpy12 View Post
      God only knows how long I have to wait applied on 18 Feb 2015
      Hopefully you'll get the good news in a couple of weeks. You're not too far off.

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Hi sugar boy
      i want to say thank you so much because you helping people and I really appreciate your reply to my queries.
      sugarboy I am confused about my wife's IELTS in 887 visa. I am on 489 visa now. On the immigration website 886 visa checklist they says secondary applicant over age 18 have to Functional IELTS result. Even in Fees and cost page they have mentioned second instalment of $4,000 roughly have to pay if dependent doesn't have Functional IELTS.
      please refer this immi website:
      http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/887.aspx

please help me in this big confusion regarding my wife need IELTS or not ? I am a main applicant in 887 visa.

thank You
      Eric Hu

•