• Page 666 of 1286 FirstFirst ... 1665666166566646656666676686767167661166 ... LastLast
    Results 6,651 to 6,660 of 12854
    Like Tree2474Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      32 times
      Rep
      If she can prove functional English, by her bachelors degree or any sort, then I think no.
      Also your wife has to hold 489 and has to be onshore, As far as I know

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      HI SUGAR BOY,

thanks a lot for your response. I agree the point you made and understand we can do nothing but wait. I have got a letter from CO that my case has been referred to " National Security Check" to be done by external agencies in November 2014. So I guess it is so called ESC and waiting for a long wait. But issue is this process is impacting the applicants and their families. At first place my understanding and I guess majority of applicants would understand that if they had lived in regional areas for 2 years and worked full time (min. 35 hours/week), on the basis of application they would be granted PR. Majority applicants have had their hard conditions met by virtue of their determined hard work and sacrifice. I felt we have been cheated. what we can do about it. Seems like there is no rule of law. I have two kids and a lot of challenging time coming ahead. With my engineering skill my jobs are in Sydney,Melbourne, Perth but large organizations will not offer a job with Bridging Visa..God knows what will happen? So ...tell me SUGAR BOY ...how can we support each other....AU Gov is treating us like cattle..frustrating

Title
      Liked
      22 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      Hi Cloud,

Do you mind sharing with us which nationality you're from?

1. What does it mean?
      Your application is potentially being referred to ASIO (Australian Security Intelligence Organisation) to see if you meet PIC (Public Interest Criteria 4002) mandatory for Subclass 887 visa. ASIO performs a security assessment on you and establishes whether or not you are a threat to Australian national security or not. If they establish you are not, you get issued a non pre-judicial advice meaning you meet PIC 4002. If they assess you as being security threat then they issue you a adverse assessment which leads to cancellation of your current visa and refusal of the visa you've applied for.

2. How long does it take?
      Time period for security assessments vary. Each case is treated differently based on the applicant's history, attributes and the visa subclass they have applied for. For most people it takes somewhere between 12-24 months.

3. Is there anything I can do about it?
      Unfortunately nothing. DIBP has to wait for your assessment result to come through before they can make a decision on your case.
      Hi Sugarboy,

475 to 887 - Applied: 16 December 2014
      Team 13 Request: 22 Jan 2015 - Team 10 Request: 28 Jan 2015
      Second Team 13 Request: 26 Feb 2015 (asked CV details)

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Gdmrng to everyone, brand new week wish good luck to everybody, i applied 25 th feb still waiting for response if anybody get response plz share on forum b much appreciated cheers guys

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      you will be contacted this week I guess..i did contacted after exact two months of lodgment and hopefully you get the grant quicker..

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      When did u apply bro, whts goin with your file have u grant already???

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi All,
      I am currently in 475 skilled visa sponsored by my relative where I need to stay for 2 years and work for 1 year in order to get permanent residency (887 VISA). I came in May 2013 and will be fulfilling one criteria next month. I have few queries in regards to 1 year work.
      1. I am working casual full time in a company through consultant. Do i need to get employment reference from company or consultant?
      2. Do I need to work 35 hours per week as per Australian standards? I am stressing this because there are few weeks where I was able to work for only 4 days due to public holiday. Will those weeks will be counted?

Is there any other documents to be submitted during the visa?

Any suggestions please
      Thanks
      Sid

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      September 2014,,unfortunately yet to be granted PR as CO has referred for "National Security Check" which takes 12 to 18 months to be accomplished ...I am unlucky but wish you a good luck..I wish you do not have to be go through this process as they have recently changed policy not refer all application for Security assessments.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      yes you will surely need the employment reference letter. all together you have to work 52 weeks at least 35 hours/week...you just need to show/provide samples of your pay slips that demonstrates you worked 35 hours..hope that will help.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi everyone,

Applied 29th Jan, CO on 8th April asked form 1221, photographs, birth certificates, medicals for my second son. Uploaded all the docs on 15th April. Still no reply. Does anyone know how long for the CO to get back to me.

Thanks in advance
      Applied - 487 to 887 - 29/01/2015. 4 members included, waiting for response.

•