• Page 690 of 1291 FirstFirst ... 1905906406806886896906916927007407901190 ... LastLast
    Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 12909
    Like Tree2504Likes

    Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?


    1. #6891

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      43
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
      Hi,

      Any news of 18-Mar-2015 applicants onwards?

      I'm on 18th but no news so far :(

    2. #6892

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      25
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      It read this article and it talks about Priority group 5 - are we on priority group 5? don't think so..

      Quote Originally Posted by applicant887 View Post
      There it is

      http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-0...idency/6481916

      I am just hoping our cases won't go down this path...cause it appears that we are pretty much defenceless in these situations againat whatever DIBP does to the applications.
      From 475 - 887 Applied : Jun'13 :: Submitted all documents including AFP - CO Assigned : Nov'13 :: Asked for Form 80 again - Lodged Complaint to IGIS : Jul'14 Standard reply - Asked for AFP again and toddler's medical : Nov'14 - Lodged 2nd Complaint to IGIS : Jan'15. Standard reply - advised to contact again in Jun15 if not finalize - Grant : 12-Jun-2015.

    3. #6893

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      229
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Screwed887 View Post
      It read this article and it talks about Priority group 5 - are we on priority group 5? don't think so..
      887 is priority exempt. so this article doesn't really apply to us.

      Unfortunately for these people their visas will only get processed if there are any places left (given the financial year quota) which doesn't look it it'll happen. Their applications are delayed because of immigration department priority processing policies. Ours are delayed cause they are stuck with ASIO.

    4. #6894

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Adelaide
      Posts
      48
      Liked
      22 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Screwed887 View Post
      It read this article and it talks about Priority group 5 - are we on priority group 5? don't think so..
      Nope. We are not.
      http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/ge...ion-times.aspx

      Subclasses 489 – Renewal, 489 – Subsequent Entrant and 887 Skilled - Regional are exempt from the priority processing direction and applications are processed in the order in which they were received.

      Hope that helps.

      Cheers.
      Speedbird
      Screwed887 likes this.
      Applied from 489 to 887 on 9 May 2015
      Case Officer since 17 June 2015
      Visa Grant on 1 July 2015
      Nationality: German

      Good luck to all applicants, in particular for those waiting so long!

    5. #6895

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      169
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Screwed887 View Post
      It read this article and it talks about Priority group 5 - are we on priority group 5? don't think so..
      You are right. In fact we are meant to be priority exempt applicants which means first in first out processing order, but this is definitely not happening so I was just wondering that the scenario for priority 5 cases could happen to us as well without us having any kind of input to it. Feeling helpless.
      Last edited by applicant887; 20-05-2015 at 04:30 AM.
      475 to 887--- Application Date: 22 Aug 2014---Team 10 Request: 12 Nov 2014
      No Team 13 Request so far---Referred to ESC: 23 Nov 2014---Grant 27th July 2015 Waiting time 11+ months

    6. #6896

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      229
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by applicant887 View Post
      You are right. In fact we are meant to be priority exempt applicants which means first in first out processing order, but this is definitely not happening so I was just wondering that the scenario for priority 5 cases could happen to us as well without us having any kind of input to it. Feeling helpless.
      887 is processed in the order in which department receives them.

      By processed it means its allocated to CO in the order in which application is logged. The department does not guarantee the order in which applications will be finalized as it differs between different applicants due to various reasons.

      ASIO checks for other subclasses are quicker than 887 leading me to believe that other sub classes have a higher priority for ASIO vs 887.

    7. #6897

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      75
      Liked
      22 times
      Rep
      I am just wondering - what ASIO/ASIS checks?
      If they scare that we are terrorist - then it is too late - we all are in Australia, we go the same shop they go, we live the same street they live.

      My neighbor is military and I live close to police - is it not good enough for security? (I am kidding)
      applicant887 likes this.
      475 to 887 - Applied: 16 December 2014
      Team 13 Request: 22 Jan 2015 - Team 10 Request: 28 Jan 2015
      Second Team 13 Request: 26 Feb 2015 (asked CV details)

    8. #6898

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      229
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
      I am just wondering - what ASIO/ASIS checks?
      If they scare that we are terrorist - then it is too late - we all are in Australia, we go the same shop they go, we live the same street they live.

      My neighbor is military and I live close to police - is it not good enough for security? (I am kidding)
      Exactly!

      Somewhat flawed system to enforce security for onshore visa applicants (887 is only for onshore applicants)

    9. #6899

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      80
      Liked
      31 times
      Rep
      No problem if they want to check our background but i am pretty sure that it would be very costly to check every person by using agents (cost millions),
      So most likely they use computer system to get the answer and this pretty obvious for even not experienced computer developer this can be achieved by matter of seconds or minutes by creating a batch job of all applicants and run the job.
      So I think it's kind of a business....
      887 Applied: Apr 2014
      Team 13 Initial Request : Jun 2014
      From : Iran
      887 decision : 07/07/2015 Granted

    10. #6900

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      43
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by againstthewind View Post
      No problem if they want to check our background but i am pretty sure that it would be very costly to check every person by using agents (cost millions),
      So most likely they use computer system to get the answer and this pretty obvious for even not experienced computer developer this can be achieved by matter of seconds or minutes by creating a batch job of all applicants and run the job.
      So I think it's kind of a business....
      AUSI migration is a business basically, So we are the Client in that Business pool

     

  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Visa Update.
      By PEZ in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 24-02-2009, 11:47 AM
    2. My Visa Connections Update
      By andrew_obrien in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 27-08-2008, 12:39 AM
    3. Visa processing times ....update!!!
      By cunnah10 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 26-08-2008, 08:47 AM
    4. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
    5. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:46 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums