Good day mates!
Just new on this forum and had some clarifications as I am about to apply for 887 Visa from 489.
My situation is:
- my wife was the primary applicant and I am dependent on the 489 visa.
- we arrived 14th of Sept 2013 here in Adelaide
- stayed in friends house for around 9 months initially before renting a house.
- I got full time work since Jan 2014 but my wife just had some casual work until few months ago
So, we are about to achieve the 2 years stay here in SA by next week but its me who will be able to fulfill the 1yr full time work. Now to apply 887, it would be me who will be the primary applicant.
My questions are:
- I tried to create an account to https://online.immi.gov.au/ and created an application for Onshore General Skilled Migration categories /Skilled Regional (Class VB, subclass 887) but after filling up all my details and passport etc I get an error...
The following errors have been encountered:
- 1. You do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use of this service.
- Do I need to wait for completing the 2 years before I could proceed? We also tested to input my wife's details on another application but seems to proceed fine without the error but I afraid that will be as if she is the primary applicant.
Anybody who had same situation as mine could shed light and some information. Thanks in advance guys.