• Page 852 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 352752802842850851852853854862902952 ... LastLast
    Results 8,511 to 8,520 of 12972
    Like Tree2541Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      36 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Rani View Post
      HI i also lodged on 10th Aug and with same mistake. Has your guys problems been rectified. pls advise
      Mate, I applied on 22 Aug, and made the same mistake. I have to say immi is a bit misleading on this and one is very likely to put their parents in the wrong category. I've uploaded Form 1023 to rectify this and no response yet from immi.
      489 lodged: March 2013 - 489 granted: May 2013 - Relocated to regional WA: 23 Aug 2013 - 887 lodged and all docu uploaded: 22 Aug 2015 - Emailed GSM Processing Team and got direct grant on 12 Nov 2015

Title
      Liked
      36 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Singhsaab View Post
      I have got co allocated today,, asked for birth certificate , and supporting work nd residence proof
      Hi Singhsaab,

Congrats on getting a co.

You didn't upload the birth certificate or supporting work and residence proof when you lodged the 887 application?
      489 lodged: March 2013 - 489 granted: May 2013 - Relocated to regional WA: 23 Aug 2013 - 887 lodged and all docu uploaded: 22 Aug 2015 - Emailed GSM Processing Team and got direct grant on 12 Nov 2015

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Congo.singh saab bro

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      HI Everyone,
      Sorry for posting this here as my query is not related to the visa 887. However, I am writing it here thinking some of you may be able to advise me on this.

I want to know if I can apply for partner visa(subclass 309) for my my wife, we are engaged now and would be getting married on 20th Jan.

can we apply visa 309 before marriage? I Know this visa takes around 8-10 months time and after jan ( which is around 3 months from now) , I should be in the position to upload all the documents.

I thank you for response and sorry to post here.

Title
      Liked
      21 times
      Rep
      yes i totally agree mate! lets keep in touch regarding our application as we both are August applicants.

Thanks for your response
      Pooja likes this.

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep

Overseas Stay

Hi

After I moved to regional area in august 2013 i been overseas around 10 week in after moved to regional area. My 2 years condition is finished in august 2015. but I am not sure i have to wait another 10 week to lodge 887 or is it ok to lodge 887 without wait another 10 week.

Please advice me on this topic that should be great help.

Thanks,

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      No u not need to wait for 10 weaks. Its a reasnable time for countable and not put any effect. Thx

Title
      Liked
      46 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by prashantdwivedi1985 View Post
      HI Everyone,
      Sorry for posting this here as my query is not related to the visa 887. However, I am writing it here thinking some of you may be able to advise me on this.

I want to know if I can apply for partner visa(subclass 309) for my my wife, we are engaged now and would be getting married on 20th Jan.

can we apply visa 309 before marriage? I Know this visa takes around 8-10 months time and after jan ( which is around 3 months from now) , I should be in the position to upload all the documents.

I thank you for response and sorry to post here.
      You cannot apply partner visa before marriage except if you can provide substantial evidences to prove that your partner and you are in de-facto relation since last one year or so which includes joint bank account(one year old),when and how you met proof and how you maintained your distance relation.substantial means substantial even skype chat Facebook chat etc (one year old)this is very complex and very very difficult to prove since you have been living here in Australia and i assume your fiancee is in India.it would have been easy if she was here in Australia either on student visa or any other visa.Hence forth you cant apply partner visa before marriage.

To my best knowledge it would have been best for you if you would have got married first and applied for 489 for your wife and then applied for 887 all together.she would be PR straight away.you can apply for 887 same day when your wife get 489 and you have full filled 489 visa condition.that way your wife would have got 489 in 1-2 month and pr in 3 months.you have chosen the lengthy process now.

you can invite your partner on visitor visa after applying for partner visa.sorry if my explanation doesn't suit your feelings.in nutshell if you have substantial and sufficient proof(joint bank account is must for defacto...you can check details in de-facto relation on immi website) then you can go ahead.
      Last edited by sanjeevkathuria; 23-09-2015 at 02:38 AM.

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Thanks Sanjeev for inputs.

Please see resposne from a Immi consultant stating this can be done -

LODGING VISA PRIOR TO MARRYING
      You are able to lodge this visa BEFORE you are married, provided you get married DURING the processing time, which is currently 12 - 18 months. You do not need to be living together but need to show that you are a genuine couple and ongoing couple. You must show that you intend to marry and you must marry outside Australia...

and

Based on your information on your relationship with an Australian, you may be eligible for an offshore spouse visa to Australia.

You are able to lodge this visa BEFORE you are married, provided you get married DURING the processing time, which is currently 12 - 18 months. You do not need to be living together but need to show that you are a genuine couple and ongoing couple. You must show that you intend to marry and you must marry outside Australia.

RELATIONSHIP BACKGROUND
      • Where and when did you first meet?
      • Have you lived together at all?
      • Have either of you been married before?
      • Do either of you have children?

APPLICATION COSTS
      The costs to apply for an offshore spouse visa are:
      1. The visa application fee of $6,865 for the main applicant, $3,435 for each child over 18 and $1,720 for each child under 18 years of age
      2. Medical tests (approximately $350 for you and $300 per child)
      3. Character/police checks (approximately $30)

These costs are non-refundable if you do not have your visa granted.

PATHWAY TO RESIDENCY
      Once your offshore partner visa is lodged, the 'two years' of temporary residency status commences. At the end of the two years, you can apply for a permanent residency partner visa.The processing time counts towards the two years

I think we should able to do that as Now I Can apply the visa and documents can be applied once I get married. Normally it takes around 8 months to get a CO in this visa subclass.. Hence, I assume its ok if we uplaod the docs before CO assigned.

I am confused hence thought to post here.

Title
      Liked
      46 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by prashantdwivedi1985 View Post
      Thanks Sanjeev for inputs.

Please see resposne from a Immi consultant stating this can be done -

You are able to lodge this visa BEFORE you are married, provided you get married DURING the processing time, which is currently 12 - 18 months. You do not need to be living together but need to show that you are a genuine couple and ongoing couple. You must show that you intend to marry and you must marry outside Australia...

and

Based on your information on your relationship with an Australian, you may be eligible for an offshore spouse visa to Australia.

You are able to lodge this visa BEFORE you are married, provided you get married DURING the processing time, which is currently 12 - 18 months. You do not need to be living together but need to show that you are a genuine couple and ongoing couple. You must show that you intend to marry and you must marry outside Australia.

RELATIONSHIP BACKGROUND
      • Where and when did you first meet?
      • Have you lived together at all?
      • Have either of you been married before?
      • Do either of you have children?

APPLICATION COSTS
      The costs to apply for an offshore spouse visa are:
      1. The visa application fee of $6,865 for the main applicant, $3,435 for each child over 18 and $1,720 for each child under 18 years of age
      2. Medical tests (approximately $350 for you and $300 per child)
      3. Character/police checks (approximately $30)

These costs are non-refundable if you do not have your visa granted.

PATHWAY TO RESIDENCY
      Once your offshore partner visa is lodged, the 'two years' of temporary residency status commences. At the end of the two years, you can apply for a permanent residency partner visa.The processing time counts towards the two years

I think we should able to do that as Now I Can apply the visa and documents can be applied once I get married. Normally it takes around 8 months to get a CO in this visa subclass.. Hence, I assume its ok if we uplaod the docs before CO assigned.

I am confused hence thought to post here.

HI Prashant.if you already have substantial proof as in the case of de facto relation then you can apply partner visa now.in that case you even dont have to submit marriage proof.just go through de facto relation proof check list and go for it if you can manage all proofs.and if you lack those proofs then you should consider professional lawyer who can guide you.it all depends on your documentation that you are in genuine relation for a good amount of time.you have to proof your relation and you just cant say that your families know each other since you were kid.well you can say that if you have proof like your parents have any common business etc...meaning is any proof is best for you

•