• Page 90 of 1290 FirstFirst ... 408088899091921001401905901090 ... LastLast
    Like Tree2490Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Thanks for your helpful answer Blossom,

Just could you please let me know when I need to do that?I mean when I need to submit AFP police check?

Title
      Liked
      1830 times
      Rep
      I applied for a different visa where I needed it all up front, but I think for yours you wait until requested. Someone hopefully will confirm soon.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by jupiter_pastel View Post
      Thanks for your response Veer,
      I actually checked the VFS site and there it was mentioned that it could take 2 months to receive a PCC, so I was worried since I may also be planning to go to home country India during the time. So incase they take the passport do they provde something to carry along if there is a need to visit home country? Any idea and whats the apprx fees for VFS for PCC?
      If PCC forms filled correctly,it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.
      Passport size photographs must be 2 inch by 2 inch.
      It is very hard to get that size,easy way is to use self serve photo point at VFS office,i think it is about $10 for 4 photographs.
      No...Passport cannot be returned during process.
      If you need to travel overseas,you can withdraw your Passport..but in that case PCC can't be issued....and you have to apply again.
      PCC fee is about $47($25 for PCC, $8 VFS service fee, $13 Courier to return PCC and Passport)approx.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Almost 3 months ,government changed now see wht happens

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      I'm gonna call immi today and ask what's going on with my application. It's been more than 6 months and still silent.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      I called hotline but still so called "Departmental Check"...i told her in 9 months woman can give birth but you guys can't finalise departmental checks :) ....she said there is nothing much we can do about...so i guess just wait

but yeah mine and Jamil CO was changed in July...now new CO is Denise B...she normally doesnt pick calls...and really hard to get hold of her...

JoL

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by SRAZ View Post
      I called hotline but still so called "Departmental Check"...i told her in 9 months woman can give birth but you guys can't finalise departmental checks :) ....she said there is nothing much we can do about...so i guess just wait

but yeah mine and Jamil CO was changed in July...now new CO is Denise B...she normally doesnt pick calls...and really hard to get hold of her...
      Hey, SRAZ, I know Denise B. She was my CO when I was applying 475 to 487.
      She's ok, a bit hard to get hold of her and she did ask for my police check and health assessment as well, but I've talked to her, quite nice tho.
      I handed in the further info in about a week's time and got granted in about 2 weeks time.

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      I just spoke to a lady on the phone, she was ok and helpful, i told her my app is already more than 6 months, she put me on hold and check this check that. then she said ok, you file haven't been allocated to co yet. same ****. however, she told me get co doesn't mean you get your visa faster. she said there is a processing team, they generally assess all application one by one, if any app need more docs, they send it to a CO. But if your app have full docs, then processing team will make decision and granted visa straight away without CO. hope this info help guys who waiting for allocation. e.g JoL.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      she is ok :) when you get hold of her...but there standard answer wont change "departmental checks"
      but i need more info what does she means by that and how long it will take...so i can plan accordinly but they wont...

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      by the way my pervious CO has requested documents and i have given him and before my case was assigned to this CO he said it will be finalise in 2 weeks :(

•