• Results 1 to 3 of 3
    1. #1

      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      4 times

      Uemployment Benefits for 190 PR holder who has dependents (wife + 1 kid)

      Hi all,
      I am holding 190 PR Visa with ANZCO code of 261314...Software Tester.
      I am planning to migrate to Adelaide in early 2013...
      My question is that:
      If I am struggling to get job initially...then are there any Unemployemnt benefits provided if I am with My dependents?
      I am planning to come with wife and 2 years kid...
      If yes..then how much $ SA Government gives as an allowance per month )Unemployement Benefits or Child care Benefits etc.)
      If I am coming alone...and not able to find a job..then also I am eligible for it or not?
      My whole intention to know the policy....so that I will be able to decide that I should come with how much money to survive with/withput family till I get a job?
      Please reply...

    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Adelaide SA
      1178 times

      Uemployment Benefits for 190 PR holder who has dependents (wife + 1 kid)

      Afraid not. You have to be self sufficient for 2 years and you can't claim unemployment assistance in this time. That's the way it was when I came over in Jan this year and I'm sure it's the same for the new 190 visa. That said you may be eligible for family assistance if your children are under 18 through centrelink and if you have a PR visa this can be claimed straight away.
      Last edited by minty; 20-12-2012 at 05:01 AM.
      Living In Adelaide Since Jan 2012 And Loving It

    3. #3

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Hallett Cove, SA
      397 times
      This isn't going to be a popular question...
      IELTS 22.07.2011, AITSL 12.08.2011, SS for SA lodged 15.08.2011, Positive SS 06.10.11, 176 Lodged 7/10/11 Meds completed 10/10/11, Police Checks uploaded 10/10/11. C/O and Grant Received 07/11/2011!!!! IELTS HELP & FREE PAPERS : www.examielts.com



    Similar Threads

    1. Tuition Fee of International Student Dependents
      By optimisticjen in forum Kids Down Under
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 06-09-2011, 08:26 AM
    2. 457 sponsored visa holder
      By Prema in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 22-08-2010, 10:32 AM
    3. Online 676 application - dependents needed????? HELP!
      By Rover in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 14-08-2010, 01:12 PM
    4. Licence plate holder to fit British car
      By bentkitty in forum Shipping
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: 05-04-2010, 11:44 AM
    5. Firewood Holder? Where to buy?
      By suzer in forum Household
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 24-10-2008, 04:46 AM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums