2013 this year im coming to live in Adelaide!!!!!

Growler

Guest Caz&Al

We feel exactly the same! After planning it for so long this year is finally "the year"! We head out in June. I was so excited to welcome the new year in and, after having all the usual worries and thoughts of "are we doing the right thing", I have been feeling so positive and optimistic today about what lies ahead. I hope it lasts! Good luck to you all and I hope 2013 proves to be a very happy year for you all, Caroline xx

Guest ebstar

Good luck to all. I hope you enjoy living here as much as we do. Adelaide is beautiful and nearly 18months in we are still finding lots to explore. Happy new year all.

Good luck to you all! 5 months in and life here is growing on us nicely - not blown away by life here to start with (think we were already a bit spoilt coming from Devon) - but coming along well. Just spent 5 days out in the bush and it's just wonderful in the countryside....and endless.

Yay - we are moving this year too - in about 12 weeks at the end of March. I had a bit of a wobble (no doubt the first of many) at midnight on NYE (which was also my birthday) when it started to suddenly feel real and near...we are so excited about it and have been planning it for so long and now it's almost upon us - so much to do!

I would say at the moment I am 60/40 excited/terrified!

Anyway, happy new year to you all, bring on the adventure of 2013 and moving to Adelaide! x

Phew glad it's not just me then. Funny how saying we are moving this year as opposed to saying next year makes a difference.

I can have gone from worrying about what I need to do, to really starting to count down,all calm and excited. So April 17th hurry up!

But there is a tiny part of me that feels guilty that I'm wishing the year away cause of family.

Guest ebstar

My oh birthday is also new years eve. His first birthday here was spent sat on the beach at the local surf club, watching a beautiful sunset and fireworks. Enjoy the adventure.x

Good luck to all of your moving over this Year!! Exciting times ahead

Been here coming up for 6 years and I still have to pinch myself - love Australia, reckon its the best place in the world to bring up a family. We came here for a better quality of life and more outdoorsy too - We have just come back from another awesome camping trip with 3 other families - all the kids got on and had a great time and we met more lovely people - just great.

See you soon!

How exciting! Hopefully this time next year we'll be saying the same!! Currently we're still in the middle of the visa process confusion!

Good luck to you all moving this year! :)

91/2 yrs ago we started the process to emigrate to Australia. We have never looked back ,it's a fantastic life . Especially for those with children.

Just completed a trip around Oz too which again is truly amazing and we didn't see all after 13 mths . People take years to travel.

For those of you that are coming it's fab . You can do as much or as little as you want . Enjoy the process nothing to be anxious of.

Elaine :-)

Wow, these blogs have rekindled exactly how i felt this time last year, so much anticipation, when me and my partner got our visa accepted to live in South Australia.

We have been here 3/4 months now and loving the lifestyle, xmas was a little surreal without family etc. But Adelaide is a great place, there is so much diversity here from The west side beach suburbs to the Adelaide Hills in the East. and everything in between that you would expect to find in a city, Apart from it being more relaxed. it has a low population giving that hassle free feeling within the city, and making it seem like a large town in the country. There are good roads in and out from North, East, South and West which makes life easy, just with lots of traffic lights compared with any where else ive visited haha.

You have so much to look forwards to, Good luck for the last few months before your big departure, I know i felt in limbo for a very long time before things were finalized, so i can understand the feeling of clarity but uncertainty. Embrace it! and Enjoy your final few months with family, friends etc. All the Best for 2013!!! x

I have butterflys this morning as this is the year, May to be exact that were coming to adelaide, Port Noarlunga hopefully to live! 5.5 months away its surreal....Happy New Year everyone! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Growler and everyone else moving to SA in 2013 We moved to Hallett Cove in September this year ( a few miles from Noarlunga). All I can say is that it is worth all the grief, frustration and cost to get here. We absolutely love it here, the people are very friendly and the climate is unbelievable. The wildlife is also wonderful. You'll soon find your way around and the beaches are simply amazing.

We decided for our first Christmas to have a traditional English Brekky and we started what will be our new traditions. We packed a picnic and went to Noarlunga beach ( the sea was lovely and warm and the beach is beautiful and sandy). We came home and had an nice swim in the pool ( the water was warm). We cooked our turkey on the Weber, celebrated with a few beers. A truly amazing day. New Year's Eve we want to Glenelg to welcome in the New Year, the temperature was around 20 degrees I guess, and the beach was crowded (around 30000 people)...... Australia truly is an amazing place. The only thing we miss are friends and family, but with Skype even that isn't too bad, and I come from a very close family (6 siblings).

Any downside.....yes there is, we wish we had done it sooner. So if things get frustrating, back in the UK, just think of what lies ahead.... Good luck, you'll be here before you know it, so enjoy your last months back in the UK. R & H

Good luck Kel with the visa process I completely sympathies with that one. How far along are you? x

Thanks Leanne! We are only at the very start it feels as tho we have a LONG way to go! Our IELTS are booked for first week in February as soon as the results are in for that I will apply for my skills assesment, then for SA state sponsorship. Really trying not to use an agent as we don't have a house to sell for money, we just have our savings, after visas, tests, flights, shipping etc we will only have £15k left to get started in Adelaide so I'm trying save costs where I can and an agent seems one however I'm worried that I get the order of applying for things wrong! Ive written a thread on here to see if anyone can help with that.

I've booked an IELTS for us both as I need it as the main visa applicant and my husband although he is a British citizen and has a UK passport he is originally from Turkey and English is his second language, he has no proof that he has 'functional' English which is needed for the dependant on a 190 visa, although he needed to pass an English test and life in the UK to obtain his citizenship here and he has a very high level of English, he has no actual proof and we can't find a Definate answer on whether or not he needs the IELTS so I'd rather he just did the general test and obtained more than a 4.5 that way he has the proof and doesn't need to pay the additional $4k when we lodge our visa.

Sounds like you are really settling in well! Im just Desperate to go now! :)

Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes..im petrified as my partner is giving up his business which is doing well but there has to be more to life than work... We both have a job when we get there and will take about £9K with us. So scary ive been lying awake in the early morning things running through my head. Our wages are not that good that weve been offered ($83,000 between us we will earn) , but my partner has to stay there for at least 2 years we will survive on them but moving to a country where you dont know all the expenses etc for yourself is scary then leaving my mom etc etc.....ahhhhh scary thoughts but really exciting at the same time x

Grower...

I am the same...

Now that it's happening we r feeling nervous.

Nervous about money.

My husband doesn't have s job.

That is a massive stress off your shoulders.

We have two little ones so initially I will be at home. and then suss things out.

Having spoken with people,even though oz is supposedly expensive, I do think if we are sensible and find the cheaper shops we can set up for a good price.

Good luck

Xxxxx