Any NURSES moving to Adelaide 2013?

apple

Hi, I am wondering if there are any nurses out there planning to move to Adelaide in 2013?

I am a District nurse. About 1/2 way through visa application process and hoping to move in the Autumn with my husband, an IT service delivery manager and two little girls, 5 and 7,. would be great to hear form other nurses, share experiences​.

I have posted a meet up thread for this month also if anyone interested. Would be lovely to meet up with other POA users. good luck with your plans!:wink:

Guest MandiMR2

Hi, I'm also a nurse (oncology & haematology), currently living & working in Lincoln. I've been granted my permanent visa & can't wait to move to Adelaide later this year with my partner. We're just finishing renovating our property ready to rent out, then we'll make a start with the move. Have you looked into shipping your stuff yet? If so any tips? I'm a forum newbie, so still figuring it all out, how do I look at the meet ups? lol

Hi Mandi, thanks for replying. I am currently looking in to shipping costs and will keep you psoted. Have heard that psoting some big boxes via "South seas or Seven seas" is cheaper than a part container. But need to research more.

MEET UP! Have planned meet up Leeds near MI for 20 Jan at a dog and family friendly pub. put your cursor over my apple member name and view my posts. all details in their. any probs let me know and will PM you details. Hope you can come.

Guest Bluebell

Hi everyone,

I'm also a nurse looking to move May time I've just been going insane trying to complete the visa application online because it kept timing me out aaaahhhhh. I'd love to meet up with everyone but am working the night before so may be a bit ambitious. I went for my medical post nights this week and can't remember much of my drive from Nottingham to Birmingham..... Prob not a bad thing!! Have a good time will be thinking of you all x x

Sue

Guest Mojoanna

Hi guys decided to make the leap over to Oz hoping to go by the end of July, I'm a community staff nurse.

married with two young children, are you all using an agency?

Guest adlyn2012

Hi All

I am also a nurse planning to move to adelaide, North Brighton area in July WOOOTWOOOO! So excited! North Brighton area as it has a good primary and secondary school for my boys age 13 and 4

So good to see others in same position. Hopefully we can all keep in touch and meet up in Adelaide, good to have a support network and to share experiences.

I am also waiting on a letter of contract from the Calvery in North Adelaide POP!. We have sold our house and moving into rental for 6 months until we leave.

I have had quotes for shipping half the house and made the decision its not worth our while taking, want to start a fresh in time. Plan is to rent fully furnished property until we settle kids, start work and start earning the $.

Wishing you all the best in your new journey

Adlyn

Hi Mandi, Pop, jaimelaines, Mojoanna adlyn2012 and Bluebell, Thanks for replying to thread. I haven't got as far as job hunting yet, but yes i will probably approach agencise and health service providers nearer to my move. I received notification of my state sponsorship this week and sent my visa application as well so am hoping to have visa pretty soon. Bluebell did you manage to get your visa application off ok? It was a pain to do on line, i agree.

PS; Can any of you make the meet up next sunday 20 Jan just north of Leeds, pub near motorways. Would be lovely to meet you guys. Hope you can come. x

hi there Im a mental health nurse, married with 2 young children ( but an 'oldie' ie. almost 40) We finally got our permanent resident visa through quite recently and are heading over in June.....even got the flights booked!! Just about to apply to AHPRA and not looking forward to it, had enough of paperwork after the whole visa ordeal.

Unfortunately wont be able to make the meet up as too far away but would be happy to catch up with folk once we all arrive on the other side....we could even make it once a month or something so everyone can join in as they arrive? might help to give each other ideas, tips etc re work too-when's everyone planning to move?

as for the job front, I've emailed SA Health but not heard back yet and been in touch with an agency. Not too keen on the agency thing as would rather settle myself in one place and get to know the team I'll be working with but if I have to, I'll do the agency thing for a long as needed.

planning to live somewhere in the South and currently doing research re prices etc. Anyway will keep an eye here, hopefully we can help each other out xx

My wife Lisa is a nurse, we have lived in Adelaide and she has worked as a nurse in Adelaide, we are in the early planning stages to return late 2014 or early 2015 mainly due to waiting till are daughter finishes school, dont want to interupt her study/exams, we will be coming to the meet up on 20th Jan, looking forward to it.

Guest Bluebell

Hi everyone,

Visa done and sent check, Medical done check, Police form back check, Hospital salary checked ( bonus for critical care degree ) only issue his parents not aware yet. Ummmm Do you think a text may be a bit harsh?.

Sue

Guest MandiMR2
Hi Mandi, Pop, jaimelaines, Mojoanna adlyn2012 and Bluebell, Thanks for replying to thread. I haven't got as far as job hunting yet, but yes i will probably approach agencise and health service providers nearer to my move. I received notification of my state sponsorship this week and sent my visa application as well so am hoping to have visa pretty soon. Bluebell did you manage to get your visa application off ok? It was a pain to do on line, i agree.

PS; Can any of you make the meet up next sunday 20 Jan just north of Leeds, pub near motorways. Would be lovely to meet you guys. Hope you can come. x

Hi I'm hoping to join you, I posted a msg on the meeting thread...I think?!!! lol But yeah weather permitting I'll be there! lol x

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Charl.M

Hi. I'm a medical nurse and my husband is an electrician. We have 2 children. 14 & 3. Wer coming over in August. Visa permitting. We are about half way through the process too!! We have missed the jan meet up but if there's another one please let us know!? X

Guest MandiMR2

Hi Charl.M & anyone else interested, there's another meet up arranged for sunday 3rd March from midday, in Lancs. garyupnorth is organising it, there's a thread titled another north west meet up in migration issues with more details, hope to see some of you there, Mandi x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mojoanna

What's the next step once I've sent all paper work to anmc for a skills assessment? Decided to not go with an agency? Hope I've done the right thing! Started to panic now as not sure what to do next! Any advice please

What's the next step once I've sent all paper work to anmc for a skills assessment? Decided to not go with an agency? Hope I've done the right thing! Started to panic now as not sure what to do next! Any advice please

AHPRA registration took my wife just over 4 months, and that was with no queries sent back to us by AHPRA. So if you're setting your sights on a specific time frame then keep this in mind. We chose the Adelaide office for registration as we'd read they were fairly quick with the processing times, but it didn't turn out that way. I've spoken with others who have had a much more lengthy process, and others who had it go through very quickly. My wife's only came in last week so that's an example of possible current timescales. Good luck :-)

Guest Mojoanna

So do you suggest I apply to AHPRA now, before I get the decision from the ANMC? I just assumed that the ANMC would sent my documents over to AHPRA I'm now confused :confused: