Can OH fly out ahead if I'm the main 457 visa applicant??

Guest Bluebell

Guest Bluebell

Hi, just planning our strategy for moving out in April/May time and one idea was for the other half to go ahead and stay in a hotel or with someone we know and find long term rental and then myself and two children follow. But as we are going on my 457 visa does this mean we have to travel together. It's just that the short term rentals are very expensive well the ones I've looked at so far. Thanks for any info x x

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, just planning our strategy for moving out in April/May time and one idea was for the other half to go ahead and stay in a hotel or with someone we know and find long term rental and then myself and two children follow. But as we are going on my 457 visa does this mean we have to travel together. It's just that the short term rentals are very expensive well the ones I've looked at so far. Thanks for any info x x

Hi Bluebell

Me,OH and son arrived in Australia on a 457 visa, OH travelled out first to get settled into work,while son and i visited family in the uk. We followed 5 weeks later.So wot i'm trying to say is you don't have to enter australia together. Hope this helps. Good luck on your travels over here.

I'm in the somerton park area, where abouts are you planning to live?