Good morning! New to this website *Waves*

Guest Irishblondie

Guest Irishblondie

Hiya,

We have started the process to make our move to Adelaide!!

Very excited :)

It will be me and my Fiance and our little boy who is nearly 3.

Hoping to come out there on the 189 Visa.

I have been looking at different areas: Port Noarlunga, Clovelly Park, Broadview,

Hallet Cove, Fulham, Oaklands Park, Semaphore Park.

Just wondering have any of you moved to any of these areas?

What are they like? And are they family friendly. Ideally we would like to be close

to a school, shops etc because My Fiance will hopefully be working in the mines...

So it will just be me and our little boy on our own for every couple of weeks

and I dont think we will be getting a car for a while.

I really hope all goes ok with the EOI and visa.... Im so excited I have barely slept this past week haha.

We are originally from Ireland but have lived in London for the past 7 years.

Thanks for any replies :)

xxxxx

Guest magicsprout

welcome :smile: good luck with the visa and keep doing your research.

I have friends in oaklands park area they seem to like it and its closer in to the city and the hospitals so amenities are good. the stretch from port noarlunga down to moana is great very close to some fantastic beaches, easy access to schools, but not having kids i dont know how good they are.

there is a nice little shopping centre at seaford and a large one at noarlunga centre check google maps when you are property searching to see how far you want to go. For oaklands park its closer to marion shopping centre quite a big one but a definate bus ride.

Guest magicsprout
Ah welcome xx

We live in Seaford (near port noarlunga) and love it.

ps- you will def need a car!

i do second the car, I live in seaford also and could walk to the shops but work wise its essential

Guest Irishblondie

Hello,

Thanks for the replies!

Will we really need a car?? We hadnt considered getting one.

Flip thats just more money out :/ my Fiance wont be pleased ;)

What about the isurance for cars is it as expensive as the UK?

Guest vikkiann

Welcome!

Insurance isn't compulsory, you get medical insurance with rego which is about $200 per quarter but its safer to have insurance just incase some idiot hits you. I drive a zafira and pay about $440 per year.

Vikki

xx

Hello,

Thanks for the replies!

Will we really need a car?? We hadnt considered getting one.

Flip thats just more money out :/ my Fiance wont be pleased ;)

What about the isurance for cars is it as expensive as the UK?

Whether you need a car or not depends very much on where you live. We have one car and my OH uses it to get to work. I spent a few months not working and managed just fine without a car and got around easily on foot. I still don't have a car and catch the bus everyday to work. I have at least three different bus routes to the coty to choose from where I am and the one I use for work runs every eight minutes or so in the morning and every fifteen minutes in the afternoon. However not everywhere is as well served for public transport so this is probably something to watch for when deciding on an area.

There are areas that have everything you need within walking distance so I would recommend chonsidering one of these if you don't want the expense of a car. Most areas are family friendly so this is not really that much of an issue. If you want ot be near the beach then check out places like Glenelg or Brighton. I don't know Semaphore that well and haven't been for years but I think that is also an area where you could live without needing a car. If you weren't bothered about being near the beach there are lots of other areas I could recommend where you wouldn't need a car as well.

Guest Ajwilko27

When we first came over we did not think we would need a car, first down in seafood and we bought a car the Second week we here it is essential, we found. Relying on buses is hard especially with young children, we have 17month old and a 12 week old. Seaford was nice, we moved to west croydon about 10 minutes from the city and from the beach and love it here. Lots of parks for the kids within walking distance and shops are close too. Good luck with everything :)

Guest Irishblondie

I think we have decided to stay in Port Noarlunga and that is beside everything so for the first while I think we will survive without the car. Just I am worried about all the cash we will need. I have read that we will need a bond for the short term stay and then a bond plus rent for permanent place :/ eek!!! We have a good chunk of savings and then whatever we can get together this year. I dont think I would be as worried if we didnt have our son but we do so need to try and plan everything perfectly and make sure we dont get caught out somewhere.

Hiya,

We have started the process to make our move to Adelaide!!

Very excited :)

It will be me and my Fiance and our little boy who is nearly 3.

Hoping to come out there on the 189 Visa.

I have been looking at different areas: Port Noarlunga, Clovelly Park, Broadview,

Hallet Cove, Fulham, Oaklands Park, Semaphore Park.

Just wondering have any of you moved to any of these areas?

What are they like? And are they family friendly. Ideally we would like to be close

to a school, shops etc because My Fiance will hopefully be working in the mines...

So it will just be me and our little boy on our own for every couple of weeks

and I dont think we will be getting a car for a while.

I really hope all goes ok with the EOI and visa.... Im so excited I have barely slept this past week haha.

We are originally from Ireland but have lived in London for the past 7 years.

Thanks for any replies :)

xxxxx

Hi

Think we are at the same stage as yourselves. EOI sent and waiting to hear. Excited, nervous, etc. We have a 3 year old also and are Irish. Hoping to head over early next year as have read heading over in Nov, Dec etc. the job market is slow.

Guest Irishblondie

Hiya mg1234!!

Oh that's really great that we will more than likely be arriving the same time!! Fingers crossed :)

We have a little boy, what about you? Where in Ireland are yas from?

Wer Dublin and Longford

Xxx