Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

help 189 visa eoi

hi we are trying for 189 visa our agent has just put in the eoi (expression of intrest) form, we were curious to know how long it takes for the results to come back to us weeks, months or years ?

thanks for any help and insight you may have.

Title
      Liked
      133 times
      Rep
      How many points have you submitted your EoI with? We applied with 65 points and it took 2 rounds, July no joy but got through in August. Now the system is better established and assuming you have a good points score and your occupation has not filled its allocation then should take 1-2 months before being invited for medicals etc.

As seen from my sign off, I took and gained a further 10 points 2 days after succeeding with my EoI meaning I'm really a 75 point candidate!

S
      Thames Migration appointed Jun12, VETASSESS passed July, EoI Aug12, IELTS retake 8.5 Sep12, EoI and 189 visa application Sep12, CO appointed Oct 12, Medicals, Police checks Nov12, Visa Granted 11/01/13. Now located in Brisbane, secured great employment and quickly establishing roots. Yes it really is the lucky country.

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Hi SRG73, im a little unsure of what you mean by got an extra 10 points?

can you enlighten me please?

Title
      Liked
      133 times
      Rep
      Have a look at my sign off, I resat the IELTS and improved from 7.5 to 8.5 hence giving 10 extra points although came after the EoI had been accepted with 65 points.

S
      Thames Migration appointed Jun12, VETASSESS passed July, EoI Aug12, IELTS retake 8.5 Sep12, EoI and 189 visa application Sep12, CO appointed Oct 12, Medicals, Police checks Nov12, Visa Granted 11/01/13. Now located in Brisbane, secured great employment and quickly establishing roots. Yes it really is the lucky country.

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      I see thank you

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      thanks for your help, we have heard back today so all that worry was for nothing as it took 3 days, we have 65 points think its prob luck of the draw .

Title
      Liked
      11 times
      Rep
      Kourtney, so were you invited to apply? There was a round of invitations on the 4th of feb so may have got lucky with the timing. I'm here on a WHV at the moment and starting to get my stuff together to apply for the 189. Had no idea how long it would take. Figured I'd be able to get 80 points from what I can remember as going for state sponsorship too

Title
      Liked
      16 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Irishglover View Post
      Kourtney, so were you invited to apply? There was a round of invitations on the 4th of feb so may have got lucky with the timing. I'm here on a WHV at the moment and starting to get my stuff together to apply for the 189. Had no idea how long it would take. Figured I'd be able to get 80 points from what I can remember as going for state sponsorship too
      If you are going for the 190 you are automatically invited once SN is approved, regardless of points score as long as you meet the 60 points.

•