Help! Advice please. EOI error. Case officer says "no!"

apple

i knew it was all going too smoothly... My expression of interest for SS south Australia went through fine Early January. This week we have been contacted by the case officer who states that on our EOI application we stated that i had " community language" qualification and skills which would entitle me to 5 more points and total of 65.

I am a district nurse with no other language qualifications in a second language i could use for translation purposes. I would have to be very foolish to state that i do, as any skills stated have to be evidenced in detail with scanned documentation etc...

My husband does not remember making any mistake on the EOI form and looking at the site again it would be difficult to make this error because it requires you to go into a secondary "other" menu to enter this data.

Also I would be eligible for the required 60 points anyway with my own qualifications, state sponsorship and skills so why would i pretend to have more?

I can only think that there must be a glitch on the new system. Am v reluctant to resubmit EOI if this may happen again.

Any advice PIA community would be gratefully received....:dull:

Have you lodged your application to DIAC??

If this is the case, it is too late to change EOI, and you will need to withdraw your application and put in a request for a refund of the Visa Application Charge.

If this is for SA State Nomination, change your EOI, before you get invitation.

Thanks you guys, Yes i have lodged application to DIAC and i have been allocated a case officer. I have got copy of my EOI. Think it is likely that i will have to resubmit my EOI and SS. Waiting for response from case officer. difficult talking to him during night with time difference, and on hold for AGES. Feeling pretty fed up and despondent with the whole thing today.

Never mind will have to push on and see what they come back with. This process requires considerable patience and determination. ...

Thanks you guys, Yes i have lodged application to DIAC and i have been allocated a case officer. I have got copy of my EOI. Think it is likely that i will have to resubmit my EOI and SS. Waiting for response from case officer. difficult talking to him during night with time difference, and on hold for AGES. Feeling pretty fed up and despondent with the whole thing today.

Never mind will have to push on and see what they come back with. This process requires considerable patience and determination. ...

If you have over claimed on points you visa application will be refused, unless you withdraw it. In either case you will forfeit the visa application charge.

Case officers do have have the discretion to refund visa application charges, except in very limited circumstances set down in the regulations, inadvertently over claiming on points is not one of them.

You might want to take advice about applying for an ex gratia refund.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

• 2 weeks later...