Migration services

Guest miknlou

Guest miknlou

Hi All, Ive been on here for a few weeks now and have carried out a couple of "do you qualify" tests on a number of websites.

I came across "Four Corners" and have done the same tonight. To give you some details:

I am 45

Full Qualified Diesel Mechanic, With full UK papers including a HND with much more experience subsequent to working on the floor

I have excellent English skills

and my job is on the SA SOL list.

So......why is it that on a number of "do you qualify" tests they come back negative (I miss out by 5 points) , and yet on this one its positive?

Next step is to spend money doing a full assessment, which I don't have a problem with, if I'm not wasting my money.

Hence the question.

Their website is :http://www.fourcorners.net

I know there's loads of good people on here that can give me some guidance, or indeed have found their way through this minefield before, so can anyone help please?

Thank you everyone.:confused:

Guest miknlou

HI Guys, Ive had a call from Four Corners tonight.

basically we've got through the initial assessment and are a "possible" for a visa.

That said when I have asked specific questions about which type of visa would suit/be appropriate, they will only advise me after the second stage of the process, which involves a payment of £185.00.

Now Im not suggesting that anyone is a no gooder but I don't want to spend hard earned to find, that they can only tell me what Ive found out myself through this (very supportive) site and my findings on the Immi site.

So I guess Im asking if anyone knows another visa sector that COULD apply to a 45 year old Diesel Fitter. I have looked and are applying for 457 jobs too by the way.

When I did the Immi.gov.au points test it came up 10 point short......am I missing something guys?

Thanks again for your help. I know this process can be a minefield, so your support is very much appreciated.

Mick

Hi Miknlou,

Get a 2nd opinion although your age and lack of degree level education will work against you. I would strongly recommend Thames Migration who will give a phone interview for free and provided very solid advise for ourselves. I would also suggest that you make the first moves yourself without an agent, book and sit the IELTS, get 8 points and your on your way with 20 points.

S