AHPRA application time frames...

Guest MandiMR2

Guest MandiMR2

Hello, I'm just about to submit my application the Adelaide office of AHPRA for my nursing registration, just wondered what the typical time frames of completion have been experienced by others, thanku, Mandi

Guest MandiMR2

Hi Caroline,

Yes I applied for the full migration skills assessment with ANMAC & yes you will also need pretty much all the same evidence/supporting documentation for the AHPRA application too, which I'm just on with now, with hindsight I should have got them all certified twice together lol!! hope this helps!! please feel free to ask about anything at all, I'll try to help if I can!

Good luck, Mandi

Guest PaulandVicky

Hey mummy tummy, it's good to hear your on the radar.....

AHPRA - the average is 6 months, but if you contact them they will help you out in terms of what they are waiting on in terms of docs and you could also get a contact name (for future perposes)....it might help.

If documents are properly submitted along with the signature of notary public then you might get without any delay.

Otherwise they will ask the documents one by one and it can take more than one year.

Guest MandiMR2

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your posts & WOW what a variation!!!

So I'll make sure to send all the required docs, each certified properly! cheers guys. I'm getting them all signed on friday, then posted immediately!!

Yes Sue I bet they didn't hesitate in the slightest to cash their cheque!!! lol

Can we keep this thread updated with our progress please?! helps me & fellow applicants!

Also got a thread of same title on PIO just to involve a wider community!!! One applicant got hers in 9 weeks from Sydney!!!!

Anyway good luck to you all

Mandi x

Hi Mandi,

My friend has just got hers through in about 5 months, she said that she was "on it" though, kept in close contact with AHPRA re progress so any glitches with paperwork can be quickly resolved. Also, i asked ANMAC to send all my documentation to AHPRA Adelaide, then there is less for me to send to them as ANMAC and AHPRA require many of the same documents. I had to chase ANMAC a bit to do this though, but they were v helpful. See you soon. chloe x

Hi Mandi, thanks for the tip will apply early and double copy and cerfify everything. How much is it does anyone know ?

AHPRA costs $540 as you have to pay for assessment, application & registration which is approx £356

Certifying of documents varies alot, we went to local magistrates court and was charged £60 per appt. (not document) and each time we had alot to be signed..

Edited by mummytummy

Guest MandiMR2

Thanku mummytummy, I'm very tempted to go for that!!!! lol

Caroline were you asking about the registration fees? It was just over £351 last time I checked the exchange rates! As for costs of certifying docs, it seems to vary from free at some courts to in excess of £100 at solicitors!!! lol

Mandi x

Guest Charl.M

Hi Mandi

Mine took around 7 weeks and that was over the christmas period too, i think they closed for 2 weeks! - I sent it to the adelaide office - they were really nice x

Guest hectorvector

I did the whole process once I got here (I knew before hand what documents I would need, and got them all verified by a Jp free of charge at the local library)

it took about 8 weeks from application to becoming registered. I also pestered them every other day and also provided a letter from my employer asking ahpra to hurry up and register me.

Hope this helps

Hi

I was offered a job in RAH as a doctor and will be sponsored with 457 visa.I am a BRITISH CITIZEN BY NATURALISATION and studied back home in India.

Do i have to have IELTS if yes what should be the scores..Anyone pls advice as i need to take the test ASAP or can i get there without the test..

Thanks very much.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife applied to the adelaide office at the beginning of November, we've called them quite a bit to find out the progress. All we're ever told is that everything looks ok and all they're waiting on is the certificate of good standing which has to be posted by the UK NMC. The NMC assure us it was posted on 7th February but so far AHPRA say they haven't received it. Any advice on timescales for this particular part of the process would be great, can anyone say how long it took for nmc to send the document until AHPRA received and processed it? Also, is this usually the last part of the process? This is holding us up from applying for our 457 visas so the registration is really stressing us

My wife applied to the adelaide office at the beginning of November, we've called them quite a bit to find out the progress. All we're ever told is that everything looks ok and all they're waiting on is the certificate of good standing which has to be posted by the UK NMC. The NMC assure us it was posted on 7th February but so far AHPRA say they haven't received it. Any advice on timescales for this particular part of the process would be great, can anyone say how long it took for nmc to send the document until AHPRA received and processed it? Also, is this usually the last part of the process? This is holding us up from applying for our 457 visas so the registration is really stressing us

Hi Roy, this happened to us to, and held it up for months. In the end, we just asked the NMC to send a second one. The first one never appeared, so glad we did. I know it is stressful, but I promise you it is worth it in the end. Good luck P & S

Hi Roy, this happened to us to, and held it up for months. In the end, we just asked the NMC to send a second one. The first one never appeared, so glad we did. I know it is stressful, but I promise you it is worth it in the end. Good luck P & S

Thanks for that, I think we'll call nmc tomorrow and ask for a second document to be sent. Can I ask if once that document was received by ahpra was that the last thing they were waiting on? My worry is that once they receive it they then ask for something else

Thanks for that, I think we'll call nmc tomorrow and ask for a second document to be sent. Can I ask if once that document was received by ahpra was that the last thing they were waiting on? My worry is that once they receive it they then ask for something else

As long as your wife has sent her training transcript to AHPRA, this should be the last document they require. We asked the NMC to send us a copy of the letter they send to AHPRA as verification. For us, things happened very quickly after this. You will still have to present to the head office in the city to finalise the process as soon as you arrive. Good luck.

Guest hectorvector

Hi,

The NMC sent me a letter confirming when they sent the confirmation letter which enabled me to "prompt" ahpra into doing something.

ahpra need chasing on a regular basis. If you have a contact I found it useful to constantly email them and if I didn't get an answer then went through the main number and demanded an explanation of their inaction.

from what I gather they tend to move quicker if you apply pressure