visa granted at last

Guest claret1123

Guest claret1123

:)Hi to you all,

at long last we have finally got our visa`s,now the haard work begins.

We have had the house for sale for a few weeks and have had a couple of interested parties,but they need to sell there properties before we can progress.

We have so many questions to ask so here goes and hopefully you will be able to help !

Our 14 yr old daughter is a type 1 diabetic and we were wondering about cost of medication/availability of clinics and the like.

We are hoping to travel all being well sometime in September and relocate in or near to Glenelgs,what are the winters like?

Can anybody suggest schools for our daughter and our 7yr old son or have you any bad/good experiences of schools.

My wife is a nurse and i am an electrician and we are hoping to work asap so could anyone point is in the direction of a reputable agency.

Has anybody had any experience of transferring final salary pensions to Aus and if so how did you do it and what are the tax implications?

Most important though are the spiders as big as everyone says or is that just a way of scaring my wife to death (at least she has size ten feet!!!).

Sorry its quite a long thread,but i hope you can help

Thanks

Guest graandjac

Most important though are the spiders as big as everyone says or is that just a way of scaring my wife to death (at least she has size ten feet!!!).

Hi Guys welcome to the visa club,the bad news is........................yes they are the huntsman are about ....

<...................................................................................................................................>

That big lol Cheers Graham

Congratulation guys on the visa!!!

September (to us Poms who have aclimatised) is cold. Not freezing but around 10 to 14 in the day and dropping down to 5 to 7 degrees in the night. Trust me, living here in houses with no central heating (radiators) and just ducted air vents plus the added pleasure of single glazing, things can get a little cold and find most people "rugged up" during the day and night. So bring your jumpers over but its likely that you won't feel it as much as the locals do, coming from the U.K as you are.

Only Hunstman spiders tend to grow to a scary looking size but they are harmless. You need to look out for the "white tip" or the "red back". Have alook on google to familarise yourself.

The white tips can be found in houses. I find mine mainly in the bathroom or on the landing for some reason. These have a nasty bite and you'll need medical attention. Red backs are usually found outside in dark corners. They too can cause serious harm if you don't get treated.

BUT please don't freak out about them. People get too hung up on the spider and snake issue. Once you've been here awhile it won't even cross your mind.

Just be aware that they could be around and were flip flops around your house.

All the best for your impending emigration!!! ;)

Judi x

Guest alibongo

Congratulations guys,

What a wonderful feeling that must be..

I dont think either of you will have any trouble with getting jobs...(I am also a nurse) Perhaps you should send your CV to the local hospitals. If you want to work agency they may be able to put you in touch with one

Good luck with your exciting journey

Ali

Guest Nicky&Andy

:jiggy:hi guys congratulations on the visa, great news enjoy the moment, and dont worry about the spiders, i dont think many of us like them, (i dont do spiders, oh doesnt do snakes, so between us we should cope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)