Time span from medicals to visa

SwanseaJack

Hi all

We are now in the final leg of our application of a 190 visa. Crb checks done and sent and acknowledged had medicals on the 5th of February Australia received them on the 14th. Still not heard anything I know it's not long by I was under the impression a visa was issued in a matter of days. Is anyone in the same boost and how long have you waited? Been patient up until now but want o hear as want to go out over Easter to validate visa.

A very stressed kathy x

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SwanseJack,

I have applied for 190 on 3rd Jan, done with meds on 13Th Jan'13 and still waiting to hear from department.

By the way the website says 190 is in prority 3 and the CO will be allocated withing 5weeks...any thoughts on it.

good luck to everone and me

Mazher

Hi mazher

Thanks for responding we have a case officer already who is dealing with it. She has alreay tivked of all documents and crb's. bit annoying if it's going to be about 5 weeks. Think I'd better stop checking e mails etc everyday and just chill. Let me know when you get yours. Good luck

Kathy

Hi - If you already have a CO - then s/he can confirm if the medicals are finalized or not. There are some cases (but generally not from onshore applicant like you) whose medical gets referred and it adds on 2 or so months in process. Hope that's not a case with you.

Best of luck for grant!

Hi all thanks again.

We have an agent who has said to leave it a month before he will ring CO. He thinks their case loads are high. But just want to know. The process is so long as you all know and the waiting is the worst. Just afraid we won't be able to go out over easter now. Have noticed the holiday we wanted to book has gone up £400 in a fortnight. Thought holidays were supposed to come down the nearer you got to the date not up.

There's my litter at for the day. Keep me informed if you have any updates and I'll shall do the same.

Good luck

Kathy x

Hi Kathy,

I did my medical on 5th February and Australia received them on 12th February. I am applying for 489 Visa. I still did not get any response from them. I ringed my agent today and he told me it may take around 2 months. So I'm patiently waiting for it. Update us if you get yours. :-)

BR//

SUDIP

Hi Kathy,

My agent seems very reluctant about it. I called him and asked why its taking so long. His answer was its a regular process and it takes about 2 to 2 and a half months. So he advised me not to panic. I am in a confusing situation now. I asked him to mail my case office but he said there is no point mailing him at this point of the application process. So, should i myself mail my case officer? I have his contact address. So what do you think? Or will it have any adverse effect on my application process?

BR//

SUDIP

Hi

I was concerned about not having a reply about medical . Our agent said you usually get the outcome within days. As I said Simon had this condition so I thought it would be referred but after about two weeks I did ask the agent to e mail our CO and it wa then she informed him it had been referred. In regard o you emailing the CO not sure but in saying that at the beginning of the process I had been waiting months for my skill assessment and the agent would not contact them oi did so myself. I found out that she had emailed him 8 weeks previous about needing extra info but the email had not got to my agent, oi was glad I emailed her first and it was lucky I did. I do know that it is frowned upon if you have an agent but it's unto you. You could just ask them to confirm that they have your medical and wait for a response .

Keep in touch kathy good luck

Hi

Shame about your response. Maybe all ok as I say we had a problem and the CO told us. Just ask your agent again explain that our agent just sent a confirmation e mail and found out about the referral. Don't know it's worth a shot. You just don't know what to do fr the best and the waiting makes you mad.

A lot of the responses on this thread are showing that people are waiting a very long time o get answers. We just want to know .

Fingers crossed let me know

Kathy x

• 2 weeks later...