Brother stuck in Uk after being in oz for 2 years!

Guest Lee1986

Guest Lee1986

Hello all

My parents and brother moved out here 2 years ago on a studying visa (mum). After the 2 years were up my parents applied for 485 temp visa taking them to 2014. My brother though was told to apply separately as he is now 20. He left the country to apply but they have declined to give him a visa. He is now stuck in the uk with my friend. I'm a permanent resident and wondering what I can do.

Any help would be great before my mum has a breakdown!

thanks lee

A few things

Did you seek the advice of a reputable migration agent before your brother did this? If not then I suggest you do so now. There are a number of good ones out there. Go Matilda and Ian Harrop spring to mind, along with Visa Bureau and one or two others.

Secondly, a last remaining relative visa might be possible but I don't know the ins and outs of that. Or perhaps your brother could apply for a WHV and do the 3 months regional work in his first year, thereby gaining a second year on it. However, this may well not enable him to stay unless you have worked out another visa to apply for afterwards.

Or else he is going to have to get here under his own steam and qualifications and skills in a few years. Learn a trade or an in demand skill and apply for a visa that way off his own back.

But please post over on PIO and ask there and give them more info than here. Explain what visa type he applied for and so on. And consult a decent agent. Or get your brother to.