How many of you came over on spousal visas?

suzer

Guest taffgmg

We are just about to apply for a spouse visa. I'm the brit, my wife is from Murray Bridge, just outside Adelaide.

I posted a similar question on another forum and the responses I got were that once the meds and police checks were in it was a case of 3-6 weeks.

Be interesting to see if that is still the case as we put the house on the market yesterday and have to leave by the end of first week of July as my wife is pregnant and cant fly after that point.

House market does not look encouraging...........

Average processing time across the board is 6 months, but perhaps check the Australian Visa Timeline website to see what your local office is doing these days...you can look at other's timelines. You'll definitely need to mention that in your application about your wife and make sure you have your medicals and police checks frontloaded, if you can.

www.austimeline.com

Guest Rachael

Hi,

My mum was born is Oz and moved back to England when she was 12. We're all moving over to Oz soon.

My Dad applied for a spouse visa and everything went off to Australia house in London. I think it took a few months to get it but I suppose it's easier if you're in England and sending it to London.

Rachael.

• 6 months later...
Guest moonraker1959

Well we started that process in May (2008)Its been a nightmare to be honest.I was led to believe it was an easy process.We sent off the form,stat dec's etc.Then the C/O asked for more evidence.(We have lived together for 10 years all up,married for the last 6!!!!)She wanted things like old utility bills,council rate bills ect.None easy to obtain because for one we have moved 8 times in 10 years (OH was a relief farmer)and even if we had'nt moved,who keeps all their old bills anyway?So we spent a day on the phone,ringing around ect.Eventually recieved some more paperwork to send her.Then the latest?She emailed us last week to inform us its still not good enough,we now need to provide her with 5,yes 5 items of evidence for each year for the last 5 years to prove we have been together?How ridiculous is that?She also told us it was our last chance?Last chance?The cheek?Has anyone else experienced this?Also what did you all send off with the application?Even if we had all the extra bits she wants its still not proof is it we have been together all that time?We may have separately briefly in that time for all they know?(we havent)I'm ready to throw in the towel because its been so stressful but I refuse to because it's a waste of our money if we do.Help????????:arghh:

I was here for two years on my visa. That expired in May so went back to UK as had to lodge offshore. Spousal visa lodged 23rd May, case acknowledged 26th May and case officer 27th May. Did UK and AFP police reports straight away and had medical done 23rd June. Visa granted 23rd July :jiggy:

Now going for 887 PR - had to provide documentation for proof of relationship again and apply for UK and AFP police reports again also :shocked:

The waiting can be hard but worth it in the end :v_SPIN:

Guest moonraker1959

Yes but did you have to provide as much evidence as we are having to do?Its ludicrous!!! When I first enquired,immi told me is was simple,just had to provide marriage cert,a few stat dec's,and proof we were living together?Sounded easy enough,but the more we send them the more they want?Has anyone else had to provide 5 items of evidence for each of the last 5 years and if so what did you send?Its driving me slowly crazy:arghh:

Yes but did you have to provide as much evidence as we are having to do?Its ludicrous!!! When I first enquired,immi told me is was simple,just had to provide marriage cert,a few stat dec's,and proof we were living together?Sounded easy enough,but the more we send them the more they want?Has anyone else had to provide 5 items of evidence for each of the last 5 years and if so what did you send?Its driving me slowly crazy:arghh:

That does sound a bit nuts. Your hubs is an Aussie? You can always appeal if she declines the app, but to be honest, if you have been married that long and have that much info to provide, it doesn't seem as though she has a leg to stand on. Sorry you're having to go through that.

Yes but did you have to provide as much evidence as we are having to do?Its ludicrous!!!

Well we provide DIMIA with an archive box full of evidence. Including a folder of every printed email we corresponded with each other for the time we were apart.

It was shortly after this that they made a new rule that your evidence had to fit in the letter box provided. :biglaugh:

We sent proof of relationship off with application. Utility bills, witness statements, proof we were at school together (OH not an aussie), like Moosh telephone and e-mail contact proof for when we were apart, loads of photos and hundreds of envelopes and cards that were sent to us over the time from friends and family, plane tickets for when we travelled together or I travelled to visit him when he was on a motorbike tour and anything else that seemed silly at the time but worked for them.

It is hard and you're going through it for longer than I did so can't imagine.

Hope you do get through this hurdle and get here soon.

Good luck and n ow that you've spent all that time and money on it hang on in there

yes mine is a subclass 100 visa, we provided emails, copies of airmail letters, few cards, Family christmas newsletters for the past 6 years (been married 8 this nov), stat decs - 1 from DH's sister, 1 from his mother, one from his auntie (all Australians and living here in Adelaide), and one from my best friend in UK. Few bills I suppose, but basically thats about it. I scheduled it all with a list of everything provided, oh and of course each of us had to write the story of how we met etc and talk about our relationship and plans for the future.

I have to say (and feel bad for those for whom it hasnt been the same experience) that it was really very easy, although for ages I was putting it off cos of all the forms and admin, and basically the day after they received my police check I got an email saying it had been granted. So I think mine took about 7 weeks from submission to grant (did the meds etc before I sent the application).

Our children all have dual nat so I got that done and got their passports before i submitted my application. We have 3 children - and I think to be honest that probably makes the application easier in terms of evidence - maybe 1 or 2 for fun but not 3 - then you're definitely in for the long haul...

Best wishes, and happy to try to help anyone who's struggling...

Guest moonraker1959

Do you all think I should maybe ask C/O to pass on our application to someone else?No I'm not an aussie,but have lived in oz for 30 years and have a PR myself.All my family live in Oz (Mum,twin ect)who provided stat decs as they have met my OH when we visited 5 years ago!I also have 3 aussie born kids (fathered by my aussie first husband)What more do they expect?:arghh:Mind you when I have spoken to the C/O she does'nt sound very friendly,and said last time it was our final chance to provide the evidence,and if we did'nt she would issue OH with a provisional instead!!!! I don't see what the problem is.She wants letters from our bank manager,one for each year for the last 5 years,and utility bills ect?Who keeps those things for 5 years?Not alot of people I know thats for sure!OH is ringing C/O today for another chat so I guess we'll see what comes out of it?:arghh:Thanks all x(I have known OH for 29 years all up as I headed back to the UK in 1979:arghh:)lol