de facto visa problems!!! please help

Guest molldoll

Guest molldoll

Hi all :)

I'm moving to Adelaide with my Aussie partner in a few weeks. I'm going on a working holiday visa. we are looking to move to oz permanently so are considering the de facto visa. As we are a young couple and he is a student we do not have a joint bank account. But we will be getting a letter from the landlord saying we have been living together for 8 months over here(plus the year in oz) will also be getting a letter from his doctor has he informed them when he moved in. I can also supply bank records of our spending. when we move to oz he will be going to college again and we will be living together in his family home. Has anyone been in a similar or harder situation and been granted the visa? Sick with worry now :(

What you need is proof of being at the same address at the same time. You don't have to have a joint account but if you have both had your own bank letters going to the same address and other official things then that is good. So, car insurance (and even better if you are both named on it), TV licence, council tax, water bill, mobile or phone bills in your names to the same address. Those things count as proof. If both your names were on the lease for your rental then you don't need a letter from your landlord. You just need the rental agreement copied off with your names and signatures on it.

Also things like being able to show money going between your bank accounts is helpful. As are salary slips for you both (again, going to the same shared address).

Don't panic overly. If you have a WHV you have a year on it and if you do the regional work for 3 months you will qualify for another year and so I'd think you'd have time to gather more evidence if needed. You can't apply for a few months yet so don't fret about it now. Just make sure all your paperwork is in order and you keep hold of it all for when you need it. You will also need a full birth certificate (and probably your old passports) for the application. So check you've got it all sorted before you head to Aus on your WHV.

Also make sure you both have official post being sent to your new address in Aus. So if you both get a mobile phone contract you'll both get the bills sent to the same address. Same for work etc, have any employment stuff sent to the address you both will be sharing. When you get a tax number, swap your DL over and so on, it'll all be on paper as showing you are living at the same address.

Hi all :)

I'm moving to Adelaide with my Aussie partner in a few weeks. I'm going on a working holiday visa. we are looking to move to oz permanently so are considering the de facto visa. As we are a young couple and he is a student we do not have a joint bank account. But we will be getting a letter from the landlord saying we have been living together for 8 months over here(plus the year in oz) will also be getting a letter from his doctor has he informed them when he moved in. I can also supply bank records of our spending. when we move to oz he will be going to college again and we will be living together in his family home. Has anyone been in a similar or harder situation and been granted the visa? Sick with worry now :(

You would b well advised to run your case past a registered migration agent for advice about strategy.