Pregnant & Medical

Guest Mg1234

Guest Mg1234

Hi everyone

Hoping to be joining you all in Adelaide around Feb 2014. Myself, hubby and our 3 year old boy. Been getting great tips and advice from the site so far.

We're in the process of our visa application, Vetasses and IELTS done and EOI accepted. Rang today about arranging our medicals and told them I am pregnant, due baby in Oct. Was told I can have all parts of medical completed except for chest x-ray and that will be done after baby arrives.

Lady said all other parts of the medical will be submitted to Embassy and x-ray sent in Oct after baby arrives. So does this mean our visa application will be on hold until my x-ray is completed or will my husbands visa be processed in the meantime as he is main applicant. We were hoping to have Visa approved by June/July and hubby start job hunting.

Anyone else been in this situation before and can offer any advice.

Michelle

Guest lebour

Which visa are you applying for.

Have you been invited and lodged your application.

Wait until you have been given a CO then explain the situation to them.

You should all wait and do your medicals together, as its the earliest date of medicals or police checks that you need to make first entry to Australia.

You will not get visa granted until all medicals are competed, also the new baby will need to be added to the application and will also require a medical.

Once baby is born you need to fill out form 1023 change of circumstances and upload new baby birth certificate then once you have it the passport.

If you got your visas granted before baby is born (i.e by taking the risks of getting a chest xray while pregnant), you would then have to apply for a new visa for the baby if not born in Australia, which is currently costs $2060 offshore and takes 7-8 months to grant.

Guest Mg1234

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

We are applying for state sponsorship which will give us PR and our EOI has been accepted and we received our invitation to apply. So we were getting moving on the medicals. Do you know how long after your medical has been submitted does it take for the visa to be granted? Are we looking at weeks or months? Is there any benefit to my hubby and little boy having their medicals completed now and just me waiting until Oct? Would it make the process faster come Oct?

Police checks paperwork sent off today.

Michelle

Guest lebour

By rushing ahead all you are doing is giving you less time to move to Australia once your visa is granted. You are not gaining anything by doing either now, and you should wait until a CO requests for you to do the medicals and police checks.

There is no benefit of any of you doing your medicals or police checks now, as this will not speed up the grant once the baby is born.

You will have 12 months from the EARLIEST date of medicals or Police Checks to make first entry to Australia to validate your visas. If you wait until the baby is born you would have until Oct 2014, to make first entry. This is quite normal for applications to be put on hold due to pregnancy.

And once the baby is born you fill in form 1023 change of circumstances adding the baby to the application.

After the baby is born, and have gotten passport, added to the application etc, it could take a couple of months before you would get visa granted, currently referred medicals are taking 3 months, by rushing ahead the other medicals or police checks may already be expired and will need to be redone. At a cost of £300 for and adult and £100 for a child for the medicals, extra costs for your husband with the extra bloods that will be required.

By the time your visa is granted you may only have a a month or two to make first entry to Australia, not ideal with a new born.

Remembering the fact that every thing slows down during December and Jan.

Offshore applications should always wait for a CO before going ahead with medicals or police checks.

Guest gibwanna

I wouldn't worry and simply wait to do the Police Checks (although think you have done it already-maybe do them again nearer the time) and Medicals Once the Baby is born. I think it complicates things more if you try and do it all before. Sure we were told we would have to apply for a separate Visa for the baby or something if it was granted without her on it?

My Wife was 4 Months Pregnant when we lodged our Visa and we were assigned a CO 2 weeks Later. Explained to CO and they sent us the relevant instructions (Basically wait). Contacted the CO when Baby was born with form 1023 as stated above. Got Baby Passport done 3 days after she was born, sent off the Police Checks forms and booked Medicals. Don't book the medicals too close after you have had the baby as you will probably need to go back (the hospital should advise you of this) later when things have 'calmed down'.

We were granted our Visa 6 weeks after Baby was born and it was all straightforward.

Hope this helps. Anything else just ask...