Children from previous marriages/relationships

Guest jill wright

Guest jill wright

Hi all

I hope you don't mind me asking but anyone out there emigrating with children from a previous marriage/relationship did you have to get a statuatory declaration from their natural father to say they would allow them to emigrate and if so did you send it off with your visa application. My eldest daughter is almost 16 and doesn't see much of her Dad (although he does know our plans and shows no objection) so I wondered whether to just fill in the part of the application where you put down the details of anyone with legal access and wait for the Diac to either get in touch with him or prompt me for a stat declaration when they process my application.

Thanks very much in advance for anyone willing to advise me

Jill x

I haven't been in this partic situation but in my dealings with beaurocracy, its better to be ahead.I would send the stat dec in, otherwise you would be delayed if theythen want it. I would also get a certified copy in case they lose it.

Sorry just been advised about a form my salary sacrifice people need, which I already faxed to them with orig. application and of course its Friday after 5 and they are closed for the weekend.

Guest Trakki

If I remember rightly when we filled in our online application, when you fill in the children's details it asks if there are any custody arrangements etc, I suppose they would then follow up on this. Can't remember the wording exactly but it is a question along those lines. Apart from that I can't help I am afraid.

Guest BAZnDAF

We are also going to face this one, as my daughters want to emigrate with Daph and I. I beleive we need to get a letter from my ex wife allowing them to come, not sure yet what legal bits will be required, haven't told the Ex that she has to sign the kids over to me yet, no point upsetting the apple cart until we need the letter. My daughters are 16 and 13, and live with their mum week days and with me at weekends and holidays.

I can forsee a bumpy ride!! oh well no pain no gain as they say :)