Permanent residency price??

adkat

Hi all, we have decided to emigrate to SA and are going for PR, as we have children this is apparently the best visa.

We have been told it will cost between £4.500 to £5.500, this is using an agency, can anyone tell me if they paid the same or is it cheaper to do it yourself.

Thanks Kathy :unsure:

Hi kathy

We are using an agency an it cost £1,800 for they,re services. Is the other costs that add up

IELTS approx £150

Skills Assessmennt approx £400

visa application Approx £2,100

Medicals approx £700 (two adults oe child)

Police checks £45 each

Sure I have forgotten something but to us the advantage f having an agent is all the hassle is with them. I am sure you could do it on your own cheaper I just like the fact that there is always someone on the end f the telephone to snswer questions, give advice and rot everything out.

Good luck

Kathy

Oh how things change. It didn't cost me anything apart from the airfares 30 odd years ago. Obviously it would be cheaper to do it yourself but ask the question, What's my new, better life worth to me and my children? Being ripped off by agents is part of the answer.

Hi kathy

We are using an agency an it cost £1,800 for they,re services. Is the other costs that add up

IELTS approx £150

Skills Assessmennt approx £400

visa application Approx £2,100

Medicals approx £700 (two adults oe child)

Police checks £45 each

Sure I have forgotten something but to us the advantage f having an agent is all the hassle is with them. I am sure you could do it on your own cheaper I just like the fact that there is always someone on the end f the telephone to snswer questions, give advice and rot everything out.

Good luck

Kathy

Ours was slightly different,

IELTS £115

Skills Assesment VETASSESS circa £800

189 visa application $3060

Medicals circa £300 each

Police checks £45 each.

We employed an agent during VETASSESS therefore saving fees at the easy early stages however still cost circa £750 in fees. I feel this was a great investment as our visa was granted within 1 year with the use of Thames Migration (highly recommended).

The final cost is flights as your visa has to be validated with 1 year of medicals being granted. We have paid approx £850 for these including Singapore stop off to watch the F1 Grand Prix.

Best of luck with your application.

S

Thanks for the reply's, its so confusing which way to go, but as DougM says "whats my new life worth", the agency have said that as im a nurse it could be all done and dusted within 8 months, i think i will just pay an agency to do it then no hassell for me.

Just one more thing to everyone, we are looking at seaford and surrounding areas, anyone live there ??????

All info appreciated :notworthy:

Guest AngPhil

We live in Seaford Meadows and love it. Definitely worth putting on your to visit list when you get here. Go down to Moana beach, sit in Deep Blue cafe and watch the sun set. Heaven :)

Seaford and nursing don't go together easily due to the distances to the nearest large hospital (Flinders) There is a small one at Noarlunga and another at Maclaren Vale but the chances of getting in to either will probably be remote at best. The nearer to town the better, but more costly to live. Whilst petrol may be cheap,(gas cheaper still) your time isn't, particularly when taking our nursing hours/shifts into consideration. The shorter the journey, the happier you'll be.