Can I arrive to and work in NZ on Australian PR 190 Visa?

Guest Dream Runner

Guest Dream Runner

Hi all,

Can I arrive to and work in NZ on Australian PR 190 Visa? Or do I first need to land in Australia and then go to NZ?

If yes, then do I need to follow any process or take any approvals?

My current employer in India is planning to send me to NZ for short term and then to Australia from there.

Hopefully I will follow below path:

India -> NZ (short term assignment) -> Adelaide (South Australia, so that I will complete my Moral Obligation of searching and staying in SA for 2 years)

Please respond.

Guest mazher

Hi Dreamrunner,

I am not sure to answer the question you have asked,

But I need one info from you: do we have any condition (4 digit numeric code of condition) printed on visa grant letter for 190 subclass.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/worktemporarily/

I think you need to check this site, or ask for further advice from NZ immigration.

It seems to indicate that you can work in NZ if you have an Australian PR visa and a Residents Return Visa to get back into Aus. If you do not have these, you would not be able to work in NZ. But surely your employer would check you have the correct visa to work in NZ for them to send you to work there?