Application e-lodged 29/11/07 heard nowt

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hiya,

Still gobsmacked that it's taking so long to hear. Our agent e-lodged the application on 29th November 2007 and we still haven't heard a thing.

It's the old SIR 495..that's general skilled now..can't remember the number..eeee..shocking..it's been that long I've forgotten.lol.

Is anyone else going through something similar...I hope so..as my husband asks me every day what's happening.

I write to aspc every day but it hasn't budged in a month..and still says processing 1st November 2007...sigh.

It's torture eh.

Thanks for listening to my burbles :-)

Carol Ann

Guest alibongo

Don't panic!! I think there are a lot of us waiting for our visas. We had our skills assessment back in July and we lodged our main application in August , had our meds and police checks at the beginning of March and we are still waiting too. We all have to learn great patience something I am having real problems with.. Still it helps to know that others are as impatinet as me

Good luck We'll all hear soon (I hope!!)

Ali

Guest rockpool crab
Don't panic!! I think there are a lot of us waiting for our visas. We had our skills assessment back in July and we lodged our main application in August , had our meds and police checks at the beginning of March and we are still waiting too. We all have to learn great patience something I am having real problems with.. Still it helps to know that others are as impatinet as me

Good luck We'll all hear soon (I hope!!)

Ali

Hi Ali,

thanks for replying. what sort of visa are you going for? Also..have you been allocated a case officer yet?

Our agent told us to get our medicals done (and police checks) which we duly did on 19th December (an expensive time as well!)..and now I'm thinking we went at the medical thing waaaaaay too early ..sniff.

Yup..patience is indeed a virtue..sigh..maybe one day I'll be virtuous :-)

Kind regards

carol Ann

Guest alibongo

hi we are going for skilled visa was 136 now 175or 176 (I think) and no we havent been allocated a case officer either!!! I have been informally been offered a practice nursing job which is due to start in July so finding ourselves in limbo big time. If we get the visa there will be so much to organise in a short time.. Panicking a little now!! so trying not to think about it too much. Have had a few shipping firms in and have cleared quite a lot of stuf out of the house but there will be so much left. have our house on the market and although we have hadquite a few viewings we havent had any 2nd viewings or any proper offers!! Had 2 offers of 200,000 on our £270,000 house so obviously rfused them and I hope in time I am not going to regret that!!

Whats aspc?? I was told by my agent that i cant track online as we lodged before that was available!

Ali

Guest rockpool crab
hi we are going for skilled visa was 136 now 175or 176 (I think) and no we havent been allocated a case officer either!!! I have been informally been offered a practice nursing job which is due to start in July so finding ourselves in limbo big time. If we get the visa there will be so much to organise in a short time.. Panicking a little now!! so trying not to think about it too much. Have had a few shipping firms in and have cleared quite a lot of stuf out of the house but there will be so much left. have our house on the market and although we have hadquite a few viewings we havent had any 2nd viewings or any proper offers!! Had 2 offers of 200,000 on our £270,000 house so obviously rfused them and I hope in time I am not going to regret that!!

Whats aspc?? I was told by my agent that i cant track online as we lodged before that was available!

Ali

Hi there,

Gosh...you've got an informal job offer ..that's just fab. I'm sure it'll all work out. You sound quite organised to me having had shippers in already. I haven't even looked at that yet..eeek.

Here's the email I normally write to...with no subject heading and then it just bounces back after about 20 minutes. Think it's a database auto reply so it's not that great..but it does give you all the processing times of all the different visa's...

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

Fingers crossed we all hear soon then :-)

Kind regards

Carol Ann

Guest Obedoh
Hi there,

Gosh...you've got an informal job offer ..that's just fab. I'm sure it'll all work out. You sound quite organised to me having had shippers in already. I haven't even looked at that yet..eeek.

Here's the email I normally write to...with no subject heading and then it just bounces back after about 20 minutes. Think it's a database auto reply so it's not that great..but it does give you all the processing times of all the different visa's...

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

Fingers crossed we all hear soon then :-)

Kind regards

Carol Ann

Hi,

We lodged ours on the 14th November and are waiting on getting a case officer too! I'm going up the wall waiting but accept it is part of the process as many have said. We are on a 475 Visa and need a file number within 6 months to keep the state sponsorship valid, so I'm getting very nervous. I've emailed them to check so we'll see what they say.

I haven't done anything else at this stage as I don't want to tempt fate, but maybe we should start thinking about gettng things organised.

Guest julianh

We're in the same position, feel a bit in limbo really - this site is useful - http://www.beupdate.co.uk/ - it shows others who have applied and where there application is up to, looks like there are still plenty of applications from early November without case officers so may be some time before they get to the end of the month when we applied.

Guest Lulujim
Hi,

We lodged ours on the 14th November and are waiting on getting a case officer too! I'm going up the wall waiting but accept it is part of the process as many have said. We are on a 475 Visa and need a file number within 6 months to keep the state sponsorship valid, so I'm getting very nervous. I've emailed them to check so we'll see what they say.

I haven't done anything else at this stage as I don't want to tempt fate, but maybe we should start thinking about gettng things organised.

Hi!

We're also on a 475 visa. We submitted the SA part of the application on 18 Feb and haven't heard anything back from that as yet :huh:

Hope we hear this week, and are planning to submit the main visa application on-line the day we get the nod from SA. I hadn't realise that you need the file number within 6 months like you mentioned. Please let us know when you get your visa through so we can estimate how long ours will take!

Did you email on the address that was posted above? Have you heard anything back?

Many thanks,

Alexis

Guest Obedoh
Hi!

We're also on a 475 visa. We submitted the SA part of the application on 18 Feb and haven't heard anything back from that as yet :huh:

Hope we hear this week, and are planning to submit the main visa application on-line the day we get the nod from SA. I hadn't realise that you need the file number within 6 months like you mentioned. Please let us know when you get your visa through so we can estimate how long ours will take!

Did you email on the address that was posted above? Have you heard anything back?

Many thanks,

Alexis

Hi,

I think it was on aspc.processing@immi.gov.au . I just went through the website and emailed from there, so I'm not exactly sure. If you go to the website you can follow the links.

They say they reply within 5 days so I should hear by the middle of the week.

I'll keep you posted.

The 6 month thing is on the sponsorship offer, where they ask for a case file number within this time as they contact DIMA directly presumably to confirm things. I don't think it matters how long the app takes to process after that, it's just for registering it initially.

Cheers

Guest Lulujim
Hi,

I think it was on aspc.processing@immi.gov.au . I just went through the website and emailed from there, so I'm not exactly sure. If you go to the website you can follow the links.

They say they reply within 5 days so I should hear by the middle of the week.

I'll keep you posted.

The 6 month thing is on the sponsorship offer, where they ask for a case file number within this time as they contact DIMA directly presumably to confirm things. I don't think it matters how long the app takes to process after that, it's just for registering it initially.

Cheers

Thank you!

Guest Beth&Martin

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's getting fed up.

Our agent sent our application by post to DIAC on 2nd November 07 and it was aknowledged by them on 6th November. We are applying for a 475 visa. We have got a file number, but I'm getting impatiant too. I rang our agent about three weeks ago to see if he had any news but he hadn't (which was disappointing). He said "it won't be too long now and I will contact you when I know anything" This wasn't really the answer I was hoping for, I was hoping he would ring and chase it up, but I feel he must know what he's talking about, so I put my faith in him.

We really can't make up our mind whether to put our house on the market before we get our visa, so its nearer to being sold (hopefully, in this slow market) by the time we get our visa, or after, and then run the gauntlet of trying to sell our house before our temp visa runs out. It's all the juggling and indecision that keeps me awake at night. I have tried to put all the "visa business" as I call it out of my mind and get on with everyday life but my mind soon wanders back.

Guest jill wright

HI just checked the e mail sent to us in December with decision for sa sponsorship. It just said to lodge application within 6 months (which I'm doing this week) It doesn't say anything about getting a file no within 6 months so think you may be mistaken ( I hope you are anyway). Think it goes on the date its lodged because how can they predict 6 months to get a c o and file number

Jill

Guest soggy
HI just checked the e mail sent to us in December with decision for sa sponsorship. It just said to lodge application within 6 months (which I'm doing this week) It doesn't say anything about getting a file no within 6 months so think you may be mistaken ( I hope you are anyway). Think it goes on the date its lodged because how can they predict 6 months to get a c o and file number

Jill

Hi,

I know rules change but when I got sponsorship last year it was valid for 1 year.

simon

Guest jill wright
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's getting fed up.

We really can't make up our mind whether to put our house on the market before we get our visa, so its nearer to being sold (hopefully, in this slow market) by the time we get our visa, or after, and then run the gauntlet of trying to sell our house before our temp visa runs out. It's all the juggling and indecision that keeps me awake at night. I have tried to put all the "visa business" as I call it out of my mind and get on with everyday life but my mind soon wanders back.

Hi Beth

We have just e lodged 475 visa application and are gonna put our house up for sale end of April . I know its a gamble but can't see why we won't get visa (unless some medical prob crops up) so don't want the scenario of getting visa having not sold house a predicament alot seem to be in . Good luck

with your house sale

Jill

Guest jill wright
Hi,

I know rules change but when I got sponsorship last year it was valid for 1 year.

simon

Thank you for your application for Sponsorship to Immigration SA. I am pleased to inform you that the Government of South Australia would like to offer you State Sponsorship for the above visa subclass. Make sure you understand the nature of the visa for which this Sponsorship is being offered.

For Sponsorship to proceed, the Applicant must

1. Lodge your visa application with DIAC within six months of today’s date or this Sponsorship will expire

Hi all

This is the reply we got ours is 475 visa. Hope this helps everyone

JILL

Guest Martin and Val

Hope this helps, e-mail this morning lists the following..

We seem to be so near to that case officer now!

Cheers

Martin and Val

The ASPC is currently receipting new applications within service standards.

Once an application has been receipted it undergoes validity checking and

an acknowledgement letter with client information and a receipt will be

sent. If an application is determined to be invalid documents will be

returned and a refund of the visa application charge arranged.

As of 1 April 2008 the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as

follows:

Onshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging applications received on

27 March 2008.

Offshore Applications received after 1 September 2007: receipting and

acknowledging applications received on 26 March 2008.

Offshore Applications received prior to 1 September 2007:

All applications with a valid payment have now been receipted. The ASPC is

acknowledging offshore applications received on 30 August 2007.

Please note that any delay in acknowledging an application does not affect

the date on which a valid application is recorded as having been received

and does not delay processing of the application.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case

officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, the ASPC

receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted

immediately.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 1 April 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated

to case officers for further processing.

Applications Lodged Before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas

Subclass 880: 18 August 2007 (paper), 9 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 881: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 882: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas

Subclass 495: All applications: all applications are now allocated to case

officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas

Subclass 861, 862 and 863: all applications are now allocated to case

officers

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,

BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 2 May 2007

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications

Subclass 495: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Applications Lodged After 1 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE, VF,VB and Class VC subclass 487

Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, and 487

E-lodged: 8 November 2007

Paper lodged: 16 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only

E-lodged: 29 September 2007

Paper lodged: 16 September 2007

If a visa application was made more than two weeks before the relevant date

shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please

contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre from the web page

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Guest Martin and Val

I'm led to believe once you have a case officer it should take about a further 8 weeks if they already have your medicals and police checks, but who knows if this is correct??

All I would say is once you have a case officer you are one step closer to the beach!

Good luck

Martin and Val

Guest Obedoh

Hi Lulujim,

I've heard back from DIACs and they have said they are working on apps from around 8th November, so we're not too far off I think. They have given me a Client ref number anyway, so I've sent that to Immi SA today. Hopefully that will mean we are sorted as far as the 6 month deadline goes. I'll let yu know once I've heard.

Duncan

Guest Obedoh

Hi,

Our letter said the following, which I guess is standard. To me it reads that you need to let SA have a CRN within 6 months for the sponsorship to remain valid. I've only been able to get this when I have emailed ASPC to check progress as we hadn't got a case officer yet. Until you have this you can't confirm that you have completed your main application.

I may be wrong, and apologies if I am, but I would hate to think that someone missed any deadline and it affected their application.

In order for the Sponsorship to proceed to Approval stage, you must, as soon as possible, lodge your visa application with the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship “DIAC”, if you have not already done so. You will receive a Client Reference (CLF) number from DIAC.

You must then provide (fax/post/courier) Immigration SA with a copy of the DIAC letter indicating the Client Reference (CLF) number together with the Application Cover Sheet (with all your application details).

Unless we receive the DIAC Client Reference number, your Sponsorship will not be confirmed. Immigration SA will also let you know when confirmation has been sent to DIAC.

This Sponsorship Offer is valid for six (6) months. This means that you must lodge your visa application with DIAC within that time or the Sponsorship will not be valid.

Guest Lulujim
Hi,

Our letter said the following, which I guess is standard. To me it reads that you need to let SA have a CRN within 6 months for the sponsorship to remain valid. I've only been able to get this when I have emailed ASPC to check progress as we hadn't got a case officer yet. Until you have this you can't confirm that you have completed your main application.

I may be wrong, and apologies if I am, but I would hate to think that someone missed any deadline and it affected their application.

In order for the Sponsorship to proceed to Approval stage, you must, as soon as possible, lodge your visa application with the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship “DIAC”, if you have not already done so. You will receive a Client Reference (CLF) number from DIAC.

You must then provide (fax/post/courier) Immigration SA with a copy of the DIAC letter indicating the Client Reference (CLF) number together with the Application Cover Sheet (with all your application details).

Unless we receive the DIAC Client Reference number, your Sponsorship will not be confirmed. Immigration SA will also let you know when confirmation has been sent to DIAC.

This Sponsorship Offer is valid for six (6) months. This means that you must lodge your visa application with DIAC within that time or the Sponsorship will not be valid.

Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to do this - we have received SA sponsorship ;) (it doesn't seem long since I was askign for your advice on what that stage entailed!!?) and received information like yours.

I am hoping that our agent will sort out most of it for us (we are def paying them enough to!!) and have just been told that with the current timings, we shd get a CO by Aug/Sept. I will keep my fingers crossed that it happens asap, and will be front-loading the medicals and police checks too.

Hope you get news soon - looking at other people's timelines it should be soon,

Take care, Alexis

Guest jill wright
Hi,]

[

I still think this means application has to be lodged within six months hope I'm right because we have had sa sponsorship for 3 months and have just e lodged application

Jill