• Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1
      Flo is offline

      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      33 times

      Travel/Health Insurance for visit on subclass 457

      Hi Everyone,

      I am slightly confused about health insurance requirements and would appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction.
      I have recently been granted a subclass 457 visa and will start my new job in Adelaide in late September (that's also when I plan to move there).

      Now it turns out that I can come by for a week-long visit in June. Since I don't want to start the regular health insurance coverage (with Bupa) I have set up for the visa application I am trying to figure out what travel insurance will be sufficient for the short-term visit, i.e. does anyone know whether a regular travel insurance policy from say Insureandgo sufficient for the purpose ?


    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      May 2010
      208 times
      yes just treat it as a holiday and get hol insurance, ut you cant use holiday insurance to cover your one way trip when you move over. Your Bupa will not act as travel insurance either.
      Jayne - Mental Health Nurse
      Jim - Joiner



    Similar Threads

    1. Travel Insurance for Over 80s
      By Diane in forum The Barbie
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 27-08-2011, 11:55 PM
    2. travel insurance to the uk
      By ozzieclare2be in forum The Barbie
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 28-06-2010, 12:17 PM
    3. insurance for UK visit
      By soggy in forum Aussie Chat
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-06-2010, 03:42 PM
    4. Travel Insurance
      By grandad in forum Health Care
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 21-05-2008, 10:05 AM
    5. travel insurance for oap's ?
      By The Monaghans in forum Aussie Chat
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 12-12-2007, 06:54 PM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums