The Weather

Guest The Waite Family

Guest The Waite Family

Can someone please give us some idea of what the weather is like in Adelaide throughout a typical year.

On our laptop we have the weather for Leeds, Lanzarote (where we are going at Christmas) and Adelaide.

OH keeps exclaiming 'Oh my God it's only 14 degrees in Adelaide you said it was warm!'

Now he is considering going somewhere warmer! He doesn't want to have to install central heating when we get there. :huh:

So what is it really like? :D

Well no one I know has central heating here. June, July and August it can be a bit nippy but daytime temps are usually about 16, it can drop to 14 if a cold snap. It can get down to 0 overnight and into the minuses if you live in the hills. The difference is that it is usually a dry cold if it gets that low, with no clouds overnight. September onwards it warms up to bout 20, by Christmas its in the high 20s. Jan and Feb expect 30s - 40s then it drops again. It does rain, heavy intermittant showers rather than constant drizzle. I don't own a coat, usually a shirt and jumper will do in Winter. It's all relative anyway because you acclimatise to the weather here anyway. When my daughter went back to Liverpool last September, they were freezing, but their cousins had short sleeves on. They said they had never been soooo cold in their life. If you are looking for a year round warmth.... Darwin is always 30 -34 but you have to be able to put up with the humidity during the build up to the wet.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

we have just had central heating put in and cant wait for it to be connected to work...........thats if you can call it "central heating"! Gas blown air from vents in the ceiling! Cant do it any other way because of the way the houses are built, radiator technology is here but in its early stages ie. very expensive!:biglaugh:

I vowed last year I would not sit under blankets another year!

It does get cold here and you must remember that when it says 18 here, it is a lot colder than 18 in the UK due to the lack of humidity (which is a good thing). We do get rain, but on the whole most days are blue sky and the sun is much warmer (probably due to lack of ozone)

sarah

Guest sarahsmartiepants
I have noticed Sarah thar you seem to get up very early. I am waiting to go home from work and hoping it is good sleeping weather.:)
Hee hee, yes always up around 6 am! Lots to do!

sarah