Front loading ??

Guest Django

Guest Django

I believe we have to wait for our baby to be born in July before we can apply for a visa. :? If this is the case to save a little bit of time we are thinking about sending our medicals and police checks with the application. We have found the list of hospitals so thats not a problem but can anyone point us in the right direction as to how we go about doing the police thing?

Guest dglamoore

Hi

You would not be able to send the meds with the application as they go to Sydney for processing and need your visa reference number on them to tie everything up which you do not get until your visa application is acknowledged.

Also bear in mind how long the processing times for your visa type may be as you have to validate within 1 year of your meds/police checks so you need to make sure you have enough time to get the visa and get over before the year is up which may be tight on some visa types if you get them done too early.

We just phoned our local police headquarters and they told us where to download the police check forms from their site or you can pop to your local station to pick some up :D

You may be able to apply for the visa before the baby is born and just add him/her on once born using a change of circumstances form although I am not 100% on this but might be worth checking out.

Lisa 8)

Guest Django

Cheers for that. Its just that we read somewhere on another forum that it could all be done in advance. It makes sense though with your explaination re visa ref number. :(

Is there a minimum age for medicals? ie would the new baby have the full monty?

We are going to apply for a 136 visa so I guess they would want the medicals done later rather than earlier as we aren't planning on coming back, except for maybe a holiday :D

Will look into the police check thing.

Thanks again for your time.

Pete

Guest Libby1971

I am with Lisa on this one.

I think I remember a conversation along these lines with our agent. When she asked me if I was pregnant, I told her she was being a bit personal.

Our agent told us that to do the medicals and police checks too early would be a waste of time as they only are valid for 6 months from when they are done. If the visa isn't processed during this point, then you will have to get them done again even if they are out of date by just a couple of days.

We are going out on the 136 (occupation not on modl). Our application was received on 22nd May. We had the medical and police check request on 23rd November. Our agent was quite surprised at this and thought we would have been called sometime in December.

Good luck with new arrival.

Libby

Guest jen/nee

Hi

You can download all the forms. They are on the dima site just click on forms and applications then go to medical you will find the medical forms, xray forms and police check forms I have printed off 2 copies and more if i make loads of mistakes lol I am blonde after all lol. To be fair they look pretty straight forward. Just getting the information for TRA which is nearly done. Going to the divorce court tomorrow to get copies of our divorce papers then local registry office to pick up the wedding certificates cause they take them off you when you get divorced. So I will have all the information for the application so as soon as we can get the TRA sent and back fingers crossed we can send application . Also when we get the TRA back we can start applyig for jobs cause if we get a good offer we will go over a 457 so who knows I have everything crossed for the TRA.

Jen xx

Guest jen&ian

Hi Pete,

We sent our application off while I was pregnant, it was no problem. We sent it in June, baby was born in August, whereupon we sent his passport details and birth cert (scanned & e-mailed). We had meds requested in December and done in January and are just about to get visa, should only be a couple more weeks. Has someone told you, you can't send of application till baby's born?

Jen :D

Guest Django
Has someone told you, you can't send of application till baby's born?

Er no :oops: I just assumed everyone had to on the application that was making the trip. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: As we don't know for sure whether its a boy or girl and therefore hasn't got a name or passport it was impossible to fill the form out.

As I've said before this migrating stuff is blowing my mind. Simple it ain't :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all your posts things are begining to make sense. Oh here's a point. Tracey is the main applicant as Oz don't need driving instructors but need nurses. Does the fact that she is on maternity leave affect our application? Its states somewhere in all the bumpth that she should be working at least 20 hours a week during the last 12 months.

Thanks again people my head would be spinning even more than it is at the moment without you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete