Just getting started - advice on vetassess application please

Guest oggz1973

Guest oggz1973

Hi PIA we have just started process to emigrate to SA. Hubby is main applicant ( electrician ), we are getting slighty stressed to say the least with amount of info needed to send to vetassess to prove his trade as he has been self-employed for past 8 yrs. Got to send 3 client refs, 3 trade supplier refs ( which is proving impossible ) as well as copies of training certificates, personal resume etc etc. Spent an hour on phone to vetassess office in Melbourne ( had to stay up until midnight due to time diff ) to clarify neverending aspects of the form. Basically got told if we don't provide sufficient evidence to support his trade they will contact us and we will then have 28 days to send in any additional paperwork. Aahhh, now worried about forgetting something as have to send payment of $650 and will lose this if application deemed insufficient. Also got to do all this before even has to sit practical electrical test and IELTs. Any advice would be really appreciated, up to now your website has great source of all kinds of info. Thanks guys :):nah:

Hi there, my hubby is an electrician and was self employed also. He worked subcontracting most of time so he didn't have trade suppliers ref you can do a stat declaration to explain what he does. I would put a lot of detail into it. Also for client ref we ask the companies he had done work for to give him references. I actually wrote the references and asked them to copy onto there letter head. Keep all your information and tax returns as he will need to apply for the artc one he arrives for his A Class. Good luck.

Guest Andig
Hi PIA we have just started process to emigrate to SA. Hubby is main applicant ( electrician ), we are getting slighty stressed to say the least with amount of info needed to send to vetassess to prove his trade as he has been self-employed for past 8 yrs. Got to send 3 client refs, 3 trade supplier refs ( which is proving impossible ) as well as copies of training certificates, personal resume etc etc. Spent an hour on phone to vetassess office in Melbourne ( had to stay up until midnight due to time diff ) to clarify neverending aspects of the form. Basically got told if we don't provide sufficient evidence to support his trade they will contact us and we will then have 28 days to send in any additional paperwork. Aahhh, now worried about forgetting something as have to send payment of $650 and will lose this if application deemed insufficient. Also got to do all this before even has to sit practical electrical test and IELTs. Any advice would be really appreciated, up to now your website has great source of all kinds of info. Thanks guys :):nah:

hi i know what your going through. I started a company last year, but i have no chance of getting my previous employer to write anything. that covers my last 5 years of work experience. the other company i worked for went bust, and the MD now lives in Spain, but I've tracked him down to write and confirm my employment, at least i kept my TAX paperwork to confirm my employment. i am dealing with an agent, i also cant find my City & Guilds certs from 24 years ago so i have to get confirmation from the college.

its a hard process, are you doing this yourself or are you going through an agent?

i have a lot of questions to ask, i have a list so am going to the Oz expo in Birmingham next month, would you be in a position to attend, it may help out.

Andi

Guest Guest11535

Get a statement from your accountant would be a great help as this verifies the time spent self employes, invoices from suppliers ( this shows what you have bought and when), get refs from private customers stating what you did for them, copies of bills sent for works (if they are itemised it will show a variety of work you have done). This is what I sent as well as P60's and tax bills. Submit as much evidence as you can. Then there is no chance of refusal. You should have most of these as you need to keep 7 years of book work for the revenue, also you can request a NI statement as they go back 8 years.

hope this helps.

Edited by Guest11535

Guest oggz1973

Thanks to everyone who has taken time out to reply. Some great advice thanks. Still debating on whether or not to use agent been quoted £1850. Will def get onto accountant and also write my own stat declaration to back up my experience. Will be sure to post more questions on here as things move along. Cheers !!