visa Application

Guest The Lees

Guest The Lees

I am in Adelaide on a 457 visa as a Project administrator sponsered by the company i work for, i am looking to apply for a visa thats grants us PR. I am a qualified electrician and have my Australain License ( sat my wiring rules, and had all Certs checked by the RTO). I am looking at trying to get a visa that is not company sponsered, as i want to have the choice of who i work for. As i am looking into the visa applications everything seems to point to me having to sit a skills assessement ( which is by no means cheap). Can anybody confirm whether i would have to sit this assessment or not, considering i have sat and passed the Australian wiring rules and have got my Australian Electrical Licence.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, really struggling to find any answers......