Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

Guest manzoor

Guest manzoor

Hi,

Anyone knows which dates currently processing the subject visas. The timeline from acknowledgement dates when CO will be assigned as my acknowledgement date is 6th June, 2012. Thanks for help in assessment.

Regards

• 9 months later...
Guest Missymoo3

Hello,

I was just wondering how this visa is going for you?

My parents lodged their visa in nov '12 and got their acknowledgement letter dec '12 and we've not heard anything, no case officer, file number or anything ! It's been 16 months since lodging.

Is is this normal?

It's amazing how the processing times change year on year! However if they have applied from the UK this should be the maximum wait really- maybe it wouldn't hurt for them to email & make a general enquiry as to when they might be asked to do their medicals/police checks? They might even be lucky enough to get a positive response !

When we applied (Feb 2010) the 'average' was 2 years. We were told we would get a case officer after about 20 - 24 months. Once they were appointed police checks, medicals etc could be booked/submitted. After that things moved very quickly! for us

Time from lodging to acknowledgement was longer (3 months) for us.