Is travel insurance good enough?

Guest Stevie A

Guest Stevie A

Moving on a 457 and need to know 100% for sure if travel insurance is good enough to get there?

I've read differing reports on this subject, the most common answer is travel with normal travel insurance and upon arrival register with Medicare and pay for the ambulance cover.

Edited by Stevie A
Spelling error

Guest Stevie A

We don't yet know our date of travel , therefore we can't show immigration a relevant travel insurance doc. To complete our application .

does anyone have a cost effective soloution?

we did the insurance with BUPA that is suitable for the 457 visa and paid for that month then they activate it when you get your date of travel, when we arrived we joined medicare and cancelled the BUPA one so in effect only paid for 1 month (only I forgot all about it and when it came out of the bank when we arrived I then cancelled it)

Debbie