Back problems and visa....?

Kooky

Hi I am new to the site and my husband and I are at the very first dreaming stages of life in Australia with our two boys (3&5). We have a problem though as my husband has a back problem and until recently has been off work for 6 months with it. He is an assistant head teacher in secondary school and before this he has had a brilliant work record. We know that until he has been back in work for about 2 years we can't really go anywhere (even moving jobs in the UK will probably be virtually impossible) but we are hoping to move to Adelaide at this point.

At the moment he is on a lot of drugs to help the back problem and although it is getting better it is still pretty bad (3 slipped disks). There is still a possibility it won't get better but I am a optimistic and hope that in 6 months time he will be massively on the road to recovery and we will be able to seriously start to plan.

What we need to know before getting too excited by the prospect (although to be honest we already are excited!) is how likely it is we will be able to get a visa with my husbands health record? Anyone know? Or anyone go any advice on where we will find the information?

Hi I am new to the site and my husband and I are at the very first dreaming stages of life in Australia with our two boys (3&5). We have a problem though as my husband has a back problem and until recently has been off work for 6 months with it. He is an assistant head teacher in secondary school and before this he has had a brilliant work record. We know that until he has been back in work for about 2 years we can't really go anywhere (even moving jobs in the UK will probably be virtually impossible) but we are hoping to move to Adelaide at this point.

At the moment he is on a lot of drugs to help the back problem and although it is getting better it is still pretty bad (3 slipped disks). There is still a possibility it won't get better but I am a optimistic and hope that in 6 months time he will be massively on the road to recovery and we will be able to seriously start to plan.

What we need to know before getting too excited by the prospect (although to be honest we already are excited!) is how likely it is we will be able to get a visa with my husbands health record? Anyone know? Or anyone go any advice on where we will find the information?

It will come down to a question of how much the medical issue is likely to cost the Australian taxpayer.

May I suggest that you consult a RMA (Registered Migration Agent)?

Alll the RMAs who regularly post on this forum are OK.

Edited by wrussell
typo