where to live?

Guest sazzle

Guest sazzle

Hi, just need some advice on good places to look for property in adelaide. Looking for towns that are no more than 30 mins drive from the beaches of middleton and goolwa areas as need to go surfing before work, but also no more than about 30 mins or so from centre of adelaide. We are in the process of getting visa'a sorted now, and would like to live in a town with a good sense of community and a bit of life but we know not to expect too much! as we are 30 and 26 with no kids.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

There are no towns as such near Middleton or Victor/Goolwa, they are the towns. They are nice towns,for a visit, but from what I gather they are more like retirment/holiday areas. Personnally IMO I dont think they would suit a young couple. To I would go there to slow down and retire!

sarah

Guest Guest75
There are no towns as such near Middleton or Victor/Goolwa, they are the towns. They are nice towns,for a visit, but from what I gather they are more like retirment/holiday areas. Personnally IMO I dont think they would suit a young couple. To I would go there to slow down and retire!

sarah

Seconded.

Fab places to visit/retire have holiday shack - but no ideal given the criteria.

Not as much surf further north towards the city but for a quick dip most places would do.

Guest Libby1971

Hi

Like the others have said, Goolwa and Middleton beaches are fab but much further than 30 mins from the centre of Adelaide. There is nowhere that is 30 mins from those two AS WELL AS Adelaide.

Victor Harbour is nice but especially if you over 65 or anywhere near there. We thought it would be great once our kids leave home and we want to slow things down a bit/ semi retire. It is about an hour and fifteen, at least, from the city.

Sorry I can't help you.

Libby

Surfer at work lives down aldinga way and gets some board time in there. From there you could get to Middleton and Gawler in about 40 mins. Same to town, depending on traffic. Or you could live in Mt compass which is between Goolwa and Adelaide. people do go down there and surf before work, but you have to get up pretty early.

Guest sazzle

hoorah thank-you all for your help! have been struggling to find this info out! does anyone know what Glenelg is like and how far it is to nearest decent surf beach?

too be fair its more for his benefit, I've said I want somewhere with a bit more to do, bars, restaurants etc to live! x

Guest sarahsmartiepants
hoorah thank-you all for your help! have been struggling to find this info out! does anyone know what Glenelg is like and how far it is to nearest decent surf beach?

too be fair its more for his benefit, I've said I want somewhere with a bit more to do, bars, restaurants etc to live! x

Glenelg would be well over the hour to VH.

There is plenty of life there.

sarah