Starting our migration process to Adelaide

Guest kerkhoff209

Guest kerkhoff209

Hi, I was just advised by a friend in Adelaide to sign up to this and ask for some advise on getting a 189 visa, We Are a young Family with two young children. I am a Motor Mechanic from the uk and have been looking into moving to oz for a while now,just want to know the best way to go about it.Agent?? or do it ourselves???

Thanks

Most people do it themselves as agents can be expensive. We did it ourselves as it was quite straightforward case eg. No step kids, not divorced etc and tbh it was a case of lots of reading, being very organised and getting all of the forms and evidence required. The actual form was like a 50 page passport application.....they wanted lots of information an it took a few days to complete. You can submit it online and upload all f the docs. Get some more responses and a few quotes and decide. Lengthy and very stressful process at times but totally worth it.

Guest kerkhoff209

Thank you for your reply, I have been looking into what the process involves when doing it myself for the skilled visa. I believe I need to take a skills test and pass an english test to then submit an Expression of interest, I have been a Trained Motor Mechanic at a main dealer in the uk for seven years but took a year out in 2012, I have returned to previous motor mechanic position. I am worried this will now effect my employment history for the skills assessment.

my husband works in the motor trade (panel beater) and he is here on a 457 visa, if you can get here on that route then when your here you can apply for PR after 2 years (if your employer sponsors you) and you won't need skills assessment or English test (if you have an English passport), can give you more info on how he did it if you'd like

Debbie

Guest kerkhoff209

Hi Debbie some more info would be lovely, I had looked a little bit at that visa but it dosent mention like in the 189 visa if you get the medi care and free schooling for children, what does it include for a family.

​Thank you