Considering moving back to Aus from UK

Guest Dkkgal

Guest Dkkgal

Hi

i am an Australian citizen . Lived I Perth for 10 years and adelaide 2 years.i relocated to the uk in 2010 as my mom and sister are English and my heritage is based in the uk. Bad timing... I arrived just in time for the big freeze and downturn in the economy. It has Ben and uphill struggle from the moment I arrived in the uk. My daughter is now a qualified doctor and will marry and settle in adelaide. We are very close and I miss her however don't want to move back to adelaide to find the economy and cost of living is way out of my league. I have a small income in Australia and would hope to get employment as a bookkeeper. Can anyone give me the current status of the economy and cost if living versus uk. I am 55 yrs old , very fit and healthy and did love living in adelaide. XDeirdre

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I've moved your post out of the thread it was posted in as it is asking questions and better in its own thread. Hopefully people will be along to reply and help shed some light. In the meantime perhaps have a browse of the forum and see if there are any recent threads that cover the things you are asking and might be of use.

It is hard to say because what people consider enough money to live on (in terms of the cost of living) will vary so much between individuals. The economy in Australia/South Australia has definitely slowed down and jobs are harder to come by.

We have retired friends in the UK that come over to Australia each year for several months, they do a house swap so have no household expenses and they manage on a very small amount of money while they are here, but they have to watch what they spend.

Could you come over for a few months and stay with your daughter, almost an extended holiday and see for yourself whether it would be viable?

Guest Dkkgal

Hi Jessica

Thanks so much for such good advice.

I think I may look at housesitting over the Dec/Jan period and see what happens.

Look for a job and do an assessment.

Hi Jessica

Thanks so much for such good advice.

I think I may look at housesitting over the Dec/Jan period and see what happens.

Look for a job and do an assessment.

Thank you for the thank you!

I am not sure if you have seen this thread but the last posting by jtct made me think of you and might be useful to read...

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/news-gossip/16040-all-who-have-settled-here.html