Quote Originally Posted by Dav!d View Post
Hi Greg, just looked at the info on the visas and the 601 is restricted to certain countries....with the UK listed. It also states "Your ETA is valid for 12 months. You can enter and stay in Australia for up to three months at a time. If you want to stay in Australia for longer periods, you can apply for another visa, such as aVisitor visa (subclass 600).
The 600 visa is not ETA and available to twice as many countries and does carry 8503 condition mandatory on some steams, which i don't think you would be applying under.
That said I would apply for the 601.

streamline four visitor visas (Tourist, Sponsored Family, Business and Sponsored Business) into one simplified Visitor visa, new Subclass 600 (Visitor);
streamline three Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visas (covering tourists and business visitors) into one simplified ETA visa, new Subclass 601 (ETA);

Hi thanks David that is exactly what I was looking for, I had not seen the amendment before but it seems to cover my questions and I will apply in 2014.

I will update in the future and let everyone know what happens when i apply.

Kind regards Greg