Citizenship application with an expired uk passport?

Guest Lucky

Guest Lucky

Hi there. We are just about to apply for Australian citizenship and have noticed that our son's uk passport has expired. Has anyone had the experience of applying with an expired uk passport?

And secondly, looking for advice as to whether to replace this uk one, or just wait and get an aussie one once we have citizenship....assuming we pass the test!

I was thinking bout doing our application for citizenship online as I have heard the reply is quicker than if done via paper application.

Any citizenship application advice welcome!

Many thanks, Lucky

Afaik as long as its under 6 months since it expired you use to be ok, but things have changed so much.

Passports, we just got our Aussie ones and didn't renew the UK passports, you would need to remortgage to do both lol.

Good luck with the application

Guest becky c

Hi,

All of our passports except one had expired, one by 4 years and we were fine. The online application is great once you get your head around it and it saves having to get a heap of docs verified.

I got really stressed about the application and was really nervous on the day of the test thinking the dept of immigration would be ogres, I couldn't have been more wrong, they were lovely and we were in and out in an hour. Just one tip, leave yourselves plenty of time because if you are even a minute or two late you will have to reschedule, they are very strict about that,

Good luck with it,

Becky :wubclub:

Guest Lucky

Thanks guys for your advice...really appreciate it. This site is amazing for all these little tips, assurances and the feeling that you are not alone in your journey...thank you. :smile: