190 visa applied for on 26/6/13- anyone been given case oficer yet?

Guest bobbster

Guest bobbster

Hi

We lodged our 190 visa application on 26th June 13. Has anyone else applied on the same date and been given a case officer yet? :wink:

Michelle

Guest Rachael M Bowen

We lodge our 189 visa at the same time as you and invited to apply 1/7/13. Our immigration agent has estimated 5-6 weeks for a case officer to be allocated. Not sure if you being state sponsored makes the process quicker or not. We tend to look on DIAC web site as it tells you how long each stage is taking. Hope this helps.

Guest Warrat
Hi

We lodged our 190 visa application on 26th June 13. Has anyone else applied on the same date and been given a case officer yet? :wink:

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

We lodged on 27 June 13 for a 190 and no sign of a case officer yet! I keep wondering and googling :-)

• 2 weeks later...

hi all watching this space for you guys, as im intriqued to know we submitted 190 on 17th July, I rang them this week they said 5 weeks, and that's the highest priority visa, and the quickest to be processed. hope you get assigned asap, good luck. are you onshore

Guest bobbster

HI all just to let you that today we have been given our case officer!

Brisbane team 33.

We lodged on 26th June 2013.

We have now got to get police checks and medicals done.

Does anyone know how to go about getting police checks done?? :policeman:

We will keep you informed of our progress.

Michelle and Nigel :jiggy:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Warrat

Hi Michelle & Nigel,

We got our CO on 30 July 2013 - same team as you, however he is now on holiday for a month so I am gathering what he's requested.

Medicals were done today.

for PCC, if you are UK, just google it - there is now a central team set up in Thames Valley that process these - you have to fill in forms and get photos certified and post off - it apparently takes 10 days. I posted mine last week.

I've also got to upload further work referencing so we are busy gathering that too - got the month though so should be able to get that in good time!

Good luck.

Guest Rachael M Bowen
Hi Michelle & Nigel,

We got our CO on 30 July 2013 - same team as you, however he is now on holiday for a month so I am gathering what he's requested.

Medicals were done today.

for PCC, if you are UK, just google it - there is now a central team set up in Thames Valley that process these - you have to fill in forms and get photos certified and post off - it apparently takes 10 days. I posted mine last week.

I've also got to upload further work referencing so we are busy gathering that too - got the month though so should be able to get that in good time!

Good luck.

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking but what do the medicals consist of? We have applied for a 189 Visa and the medical forms just ask for full medical, chest x-ray and HIV test, the last two are obvious but just wondered what they did for the full medical? Also my 15 year old son has to have one too, as he is classed as a minor would an adult have to be present?

Oh crickey just thought this could be very personal :embarressed: just the basics would be helpful LOL x

Also we have still not been assigned a CO after 6 weeks, but have booked our medicals for Sept 14th anyway as we are wanting to go out round about that time next year anyway. Once we have the result we will then process the police checks as we don't want the police checks to come back earlier than Sept 14th as the visa validation date will change as it goes on which ever is the earliest!!!!!

Edited by Rachael M Bowen
had a bit more to say :-) My hubby would 2nd that LOL x

Guest Warrat
Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking but what do the medicals consist of? We have applied for a 189 Visa and the medical forms just ask for full medical, chest x-ray and HIV test, the last two are obvious but just wondered what they did for the full medical? Also my 15 year old son has to have one too, as he is classed as a minor would an adult have to be present?

Oh crickey just thought this could be very personal :embarressed: just the basics would be helpful LOL x

Also we have still not been assigned a CO after 6 weeks, but have booked our medicals for Sept 14th anyway as we are wanting to go out round about that time next year anyway. Once we have the result we will then process the police checks as we don't want the police checks to come back earlier than Sept 14th as the visa validation date will change as it goes on which ever is the earliest!!!!!

Hi Rachael,

I don't mind you asking at all - I know what it's like when you read all the stuff and then search discussion boards for more detail but never quite find what you're looking for!

The medicals are okay - we were 3 people (2 adults, 7 year old) and we were there for around 2 hours - it was not hurried at all. We went to Little Aston which was a bit more expensive than the other clinic in Birmingham but I chose it after speaking to them on the phone and due to my husband's incredibly severe needle phobia!!!!! They were absolutely fantastic and also have a lovely facility.

We saw a healthcare assistant who did the blood, BP, urine, eye test (just reading a letter chart from the other side of the room), height and weight. I will advise drink a lot of water in the few days before your medical - we all had to repeat the urine, apparently it is really common as people travel a way and forget to drink. My daughter couldn't and now has to repeat with the GP! My daughter did urine, eye test, height and weight only.

Then the Doctor - you have to strip to underwear and they basically poke and prod you to check skin, lymph nodes, reflexes and other bits and bobs that involve poking and prodding - nothing too invasive and doesn't take long. The doc talks to you a lot - asked me about education, reasons for moving, general day to day stuff - this is the mental health and hearing check - if you can hear them you pass the hearing!!!! And they are basically checking your mental health in their questions - although it just seems like friendly chat so not obvious unless you have read the guidance notes for doctors which I managed to find before we went!!!!!!!! My daughter had the same physical and I was asked a lot about how she is doing in school and if she eats well etc.....

Then the chest x-ray.

If anything major is found on the day they tell you apparently. The blood and x-ray results take 48 hours and any problems they hospital contact you. If not the doctor will collate the results on his next shift and upload them for instant arrival with the panel doc in Sydney. The panel doc in Sydney then reviews the results and passes them onto DIAC - I was told this takes about 1.5 weeks, although ours won't go until they get my daughter's repeat urine!

Re your 15 year old, there was a lad there with his Dad having a medical - his dad waited in the waiting room. He had both the blood and x-ray done too - so the full adult medical. If you wanted to chaperone though I can't see that as a problem - they were very laid back with us and couldn't do enough to help.

Like you I booked my medical before I got the CO - the 190 states 5 weeks and although some seem to get allocated earlier, ours was 5 weeks to the day! Then the CO is off on hols for a month - but their service level met and worked for us as we were away. I also delayed sending my PCC and sent them just 3 days before the medical so I get them at around the same time as we also plan to go next year!

Bit of a long post - sorry but hope it clarifies the medical a bit for you.

T.

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Thanks that has been a great help. We too are going to Little Aston so that's also reassuring to know that it's quite informal and laid back.

With the eye tests both Trev and I wear contacts during the day and then glasses at night, do you know if you have to repeat the test wearing both vision correctors? Also can you remember approximately what was the distance? Our agent sorted out all the paper work so we haven't really looked in to it much. Can you remember where you sourced the Dr's guidance info from as this may be worth reading as you said? Thanks for the tip regarding drinking lots, really don't want to have to repeat it.

I don't think Bram would want his mum seeing him in his undies so he can go solo for his LOL .

Thanks again it is much appreciated. :notworthy:

Guest Warrat
Thanks that has been a great help. We too are going to Little Aston so that's also reassuring to know that it's quite informal and laid back.

With the eye tests both Trev and I wear contacts during the day and then glasses at night, do you know if you have to repeat the test wearing both vision correctors? Also can you remember approximately what was the distance? Our agent sorted out all the paper work so we haven't really looked in to it much. Can you remember where you sourced the Dr's guidance info from as this may be worth reading as you said? Thanks for the tip regarding drinking lots, really don't want to have to repeat it.

I don't think Bram would want his mum seeing him in his undies so he can go solo for his LOL .

Thanks again it is much appreciated. :notworthy:

No problem - you will be well looked after, they were lovely!

My hubby wears contacts (continuous wear), he can't see past the end of his nose, literally, without them! He took his glasses but didn't use them. Just read the letters with his contacts in - they just ask if you wear contacts or glasses. It's quite a small room, I'd say about 4ft!?!

I don't know the link to the doctors guidance - sorry. I just googled it! Something like what's involved and I came across a document outlining the whole thing, even down to when they had to have a chaperone, it was very detailed! Really though - it's involved but nothing to worry about. I'm sure Bram will be fine too!

Good Luck!

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Thanks again think we will sleep better now, it's daft but we seem to worry about every little thing, I guess like everyone that's making the move it's a huge life change and you don't want to fail at the last hurdle.

Good luck to you too x I'll get googling

Hey! As I said before I applied for my visa on June 12 and was appointed a case office on July 31st. I finally uploaded the last of my required info on Saturday just gone and received an email today and have been granted my visa!! Again as I said before I've got 489 visa but its just the temporary version of the 190. I was with the Brisbane team also, 34 I think it was! Hopefully this helps you out timeline wise, once you get everything they want its pretty straightforward!!

Guest bobbster

Hi Warrat

Our medicals were done on 17th August hoping to get the results back this week and the PCC back this week also. Finished uploading all our documents last Wednesday (21st August). All we can do is wait now:confused:

The medicals were not too bad, but we travelled all the way up to Manchester from Cannock and the first thing I did was have a wee. Big mistake! This is one of the first checks you have to do, so ha to wait around and drink plenty of water.

The PCC check is £45.00 + £9.00 to return your certificate to you.

Good luck everyone!!

Will keep you informed.

Michelle and Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

Great news Irishglover!

I'm just uploading our final employment references now! I think our CO is back from his month off next week so will wait and see, but no idea if our medicals have made it to the Brisbane team yet and it's been 2 weeks since we did them!

Any news yet Michelle & Nigel???

Great news Irishglover!

I'm just uploading our final employment references now! I think our CO is back from his month off next week so will wait and see, but no idea if our medicals have made it to the Brisbane team yet and it's been 2 weeks since we did them!

Any news yet Michelle & Nigel???

Thanks warrat. I had the same problem because they never update your online details to say the have received it. Also when I did mine I got a copy sent out to me which your not meant to get if they send it electronically. I rang the center I did it with to check that the sent it to DIAC which they said they did. I emailed my case officer aswell to make sure she received it and she got back to me after a couple of days saying she did. Maybe a good idea to email your CO and ask just to put your mind at ease. Best of luck with it all!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Hi Rachael,

I guess you have now had your medicals - hope they were okay! Just thought I'd update you as to where we are now. My medical was referred despite being graded as 'A' - so assume this was just an administrative check. I was told to expect a 6 week wait, but one week later - this morning, I received the grant letter by e-mail!

Hopefully you should be hearing any day now too.

Tracy

Guest Rachael M Bowen

That's great news!!!!! so have you now had your visa granted? if so how long did it take from allocation of CO, submission of all info, medicals and police checks ? WOW this is so exciting for youx

Yes we had our medicals last Saturday and hopefully the x-rays and bloods will be back to the Dr this Saturday. Not sure if you have the same Doc but he was ever so funny, think I surprised him when he asked me to touch my toes LOL!!! he just said "Oh my!!!" and then had a laugh and joke about it with Trev!! anyway if all ok he should send them straight away. You were right the people at the hospital were absolutely lovely, they really looked after Bram and made him feel at ease, I was extremely impressed, first time I have ever experienced private pratice, pity they didn't have an OT dept LOLx

We finally got our CO today!!!!! YAY!!!! however, we have had to complete the Form 80, not sure if you had to do this or not? Our agent said they don't usually ask for this but for some reason they have??? It's beginning to look like there is a little spec of light starting to appear at the end of the very dark tunnel.

have you got lots to do with regards to selling houses, etc?

That's great news!!!!! so have you now had your visa granted? if so how long did it take from allocation of CO, submission of all info, medicals and police checks ? WOW this is so exciting for youx

Yes we had our medicals last Saturday and hopefully the x-rays and bloods will be back to the Dr this Saturday. Not sure if you have the same Doc but he was ever so funny, think I surprised him when he asked me to touch my toes LOL!!! he just said "Oh my!!!" and then had a laugh and joke about it with Trev!! anyway if all ok he should send them straight away. You were right the people at the hospital were absolutely lovely, they really looked after Bram and made him feel at ease, I was extremely impressed, first time I have ever experienced private pratice, pity they didn't have an OT dept LOLx

We finally got our CO today!!!!! YAY!!!! however, we have had to complete the Form 80, not sure if you had to do this or not? Our agent said they don't usually ask for this but for some reason they have??? It's beginning to look like there is a little spec of light starting to appear at the end of the very dark tunnel.

have you got lots to do with regards to selling houses, etc?

Yes, granted this morning! It should be really quick for you now! Here's what happened with us.

I basically front loaded everything that I saw on blogs that people had been asked for - this included the form 80!

We got our CO on 30th July 2013 and were asked for more work references, medical and PCC. The medicals and PCC were in hand but I had to get all the work references and 30th July was the first day of our holiday! Anyway it turned out that the CO was away until 9th September anyway, so I had time to have my holiday and get the info before he came back.

I uploaded everything ready for his return and e-mailed him. He was happy with it, but my medical was referred on 2nd September (as soon as L.A. had sent it over!) I was advised there was a backlog and the wait looked as if it would be about 5-6 weeks. I wasn't expecting anything until at least mid October, then low and behold this morning - the grant was in my inbox! So literally 10 days since the CO was back from leave and got all the docs - including a medical referral.

I think the CO has looked at all the docs before they contact you - I heard from our CO with 24 hours of him being back to say he was happy with the docs, had the medical not been referred it would have been a grant - it will be quick!

Sounds like we had the same doctor - glad it went okay.

Yes, loads to do - I didn't really think it would happen so I've actually told no-one, including my daughter who probably thought the medical was a bit strange! We're planning to look at the logistics of house selling etc after Christmas unless an absolutely blinding job offer comes our way beforehand!

I'll keep my eyes on the board to hear when you get your grant.

Tracy

Guest bobbster

Hi Warratt

Congratulations on your great news:biglaugh: My sons medical has been referred and still waiting for a response. That is all we are waiting for. I think everything else we have uploaded is fine. I might e-mail case officer at the end of next week to check on progress of sons medical.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

Keep us informed of your next steps:realmad:

Michelle and Nigel

• 1 month later...
Hi

i submitted visa on 5 OCT and 5 weeks is comming up..No sign of case officer..Is there a number to call to find out when co going to be appointed.

Or just wait till one is appointed..Applied for 489 s/s

Hi thunee71,

We submitted our 489 last week and our agent has told us we should get a case officer in the next 6-8 weeks!!! Have you done your police checks and medicals yet?

Bal.